Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuners how hard to tune this setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuners how hard to tune this setup

Running E40 GTO PCM on 402 LS2. Motor has a S475 turbo, Fast 85lbs injectors high indep and I have a 2 bar map sensor. My question is will this all work together and how hard will it be to tune. I cant find any injector info for the fast 85lbs. I;m really wanting to start tuning my cars myself since I change them all up so much and overall it will save me money. Please chime in and let me know what you think about my setup.
My fuel system is a return system 8an feed, 6an return 57 psi at the rail and twin 255 fuel in tank pumps.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get rid of those Fast injectors there is no data and they tune like crap
Old 10-07-2013, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

I just bought the injectors and had no issues with my 46lbs fast injectors before. Why are they so bad.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

i looked it up online quick , they dont give the injector data so the tuner and only make an educated guess as to what setting in the tune need to be .
Old 10-07-2013, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is no data and they are inconsistent, FAST takes a Bosch injector and drills them out. They don't even flow match them so there could be 5% or more difference between cylinders.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:36 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
There is no data and they are inconsistent, FAST takes a Bosch injector and drills them out. They don't even flow match them so there could be 5% or more difference between cylinders.
I have used several sets, had several sets flow tested, always matched. Never had an issue with them. Somebody has to furnish you what data? Voltage offsets?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Injectors are fine.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can tune without the right data, "Tuners" do it all the time, but it doesn't make it right.
ED you know its a lot more to it than just changing IFR, things like Short pulse limit, Adder, Minimum injector pulse, and offset Vs volts/vac needs to be corrected based off the injectors being used. FAST doesn't publish this data nor do they know it. Id be interested to see your flow matched sets?? Do they give you all data? Doubt it

Of course to an extent you can manipulate the tables above and get close, but from my experience using SD, Bosch, Injector Dynamics data vehicles ALWAYS seem to tune well.

Jwilliams do what you will, but I replied in your other thread about the 63 IFR limit on the E40 ecu.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Yes I saw it. Thanks very much. IM trying to continue learning how to tune and just got my car complete and first step was these injectors. I would like to use these if I can and if not I will get some new ones. I am going to be doing a SD tune do to the stock MAF shuts down after so much boost and I already have a 2 bar MAP in place with wideband on my HP Tuners. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:52 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Get rid of those Fast injectors there is no data and they tune like crap
you have no idea what you are talking about...

and once again, you have no idea what you are talking about...

I've done several cars with these injectors...., and they were all flow tested and came out better tolerances than some factory injector sets I've used.

no real issues on any of the cars I've done with these injectors..
correct, there is no "real injector data" out there for them, so you are winging it with the Stock injector offset data...but even that can be skewed by a percentage and smoothed out to get things to play nicer if there is an issue

one big thing that helps with bigger injectors....is to use an aftermarket fuel setup to get rid of the stock regulator and use an adjustable one with a return line...
and then start off at 43psi and not the stock 58 psi.....
makes a huge difference when tuning idle on bigger injectors.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:49 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sound Engineer is correct on all counts.
Several of us use FAST injectors in our EFI Stock & SS race cars. We have all had ours flow tested to be certain they match. Mine get cleaned and flow tested on the bench top machine at Creitz Automotive every winter. Steve gives me the flow ratings (my injectors are numbered for the cylinder they go in) each year. They are all within 1%. Most all of us have tuned out EFI race engines (usually on an engine dyno) using 8 wide band O2s to get the A/F equal in all cylinders.

Much of that data you need supplied is just math.

Quick Reply: Tuners how hard to tune this setup