Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

security problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default security problems

tried to start my car one day and it did nothing and the security light stayed on solid for a couple minutes like the wires in the lock cylinder were broken. I went ahead and wired in the resistor that matched my keys since those wires have broken on me twice before and Im tired of replacing them. still no crank no start and security light on for about 2 minutes. checked resistance at the bcm between the 2 wires coming from the lock cylinder. resistance matched my keys perfect. checked the 5 volt circuit coming from the bcm to the pcm. reistance was .2 ohms so I know its not open. also checked the intermediate connector at the firewall in between the pcm and the bcm. looked good. put everything back together with dielectric grease. when I plugged everything back in I went ahead and tried to start the car and it started. it continued to start fine for about a week so I assumed I had a bad connection somewhere that I repaired while looking for a problem and now its doing the same thing and ive rechecked all my circuits from lock cylinder to bcm and to pcm everything seems good. im thinking bcm is the problem but I would like confirmation before droppin that kind of cash. has anyone had this kind of problem?

Quick Reply: security problems