PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with my knock sensor always reading knock.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Problem with my knock sensor always reading knock.

I have a 2000 blazer with a 350 vortec in it and a lt4 hotcam. Ever since the swap I've had a problem with the knock sensor always saying there's a knock. I read where some people moved the sensor from the factory location to where a mechanical fuel pump goes so that's what I did and it cured the problem for a while. I'm on my 4th V8 knock sensor now and the trouble code for the knock sensor (p0327) keeps coming back aftter a while of the installation of a new one. Do I need to desensitize the sensor?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ZQ8 Blazer
I have a 2000 blazer with a 350 vortec in it and a lt4 hotcam. Ever since the swap I've had a problem with the knock sensor always saying there's a knock. I read where some people moved the sensor from the factory location to where a mechanical fuel pump goes so that's what I did and it cured the problem for a while. I'm on my 4th V8 knock sensor now and the trouble code for the knock sensor (p0327) keeps coming back aftter a while of the installation of a new one. Do I need to desensitize the sensor?
Have you looked into the harness itself?

Sometimes a fresh knock sensor harness will fix it, they go out over the years..

Especially if moisture/water ever got in there
Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it's been replaced from the knock connector to the PCM pin.

Quick Reply: Problem with my knock sensor always reading knock.