Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laptops and Tablets.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laptops and Tablets.

I was wondering, with more and more stuff that can be tuned with a laptop, can the same thing be done with say an IPAD. I have been wanting to get the new IPAD air but if I can do any programming with it then I don't want to get one.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No one supports any broad range tuning support for tablets as of now. ( That all may change in the future. Who knows?) Not to worry though, you can get a used decent laptop on the cheap nowadays. Hell, I paid only $300 for mine out of a pawn shop.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

i can't imagine how frustrating and annoying it would be to tune with a tablet.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Supposedly you can use a windows tablet to run hp tuners. An ipad does not have the option.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think Holley may come out with it eventually since a lot of there users are having good results with full windows version tablets!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:54 AM
Teching In

Given that apple don't like USB and don't even allow standard serial over bluetooth it's unlikely to happen. iPads/iPhones are a pain to interface any other hardware with. Android is much easier thanks to native USB host on many models and serial over bluetooth.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 197 Likes on 99 Posts

I use a netbook sized laptop for my car. HP 2133 with SSD hard drive running windows.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:15 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Remnant-of-VII
No one supports any broad range tuning support for tablets as of now. ( That all may change in the future. Who knows?) Not to worry though, you can get a used decent laptop on the cheap nowadays. Hell, I paid only $300 for mine out of a pawn shop.
no "Android or Apple" tablets do....
many manufacturers off full Windows PC tablets(not windows RT)...and all of them work just fine...slow processor ones are very clunky, but you can use them to tune if you really wanted to

Originally Posted by subeone
i can't imagine how frustrating and annoying it would be to tune with a tablet.
not frustrating or annoying if you are used to using a tablet...
I've used them for years at work, and it was a natural progression to use my HP Tuners with one

Originally Posted by The Guz
Supposedly you can use a windows tablet to run hp tuners. An ipad does not have the option.
Yes... Windows tablets (not windows RT...must be a full version of windows xp/vista/7/8)

and ipads are dumbed down so even idiots can use them...even apple will tell you that...which is why it will never be "plug and play" compatible with outside devices made by somebody other than apple

Originally Posted by bmf5150
I think Holley may come out with it eventually since a lot of there users are having good results with full windows version tablets!
Holley has had a touchscreen to use since the release of the EFI Dominator/HP/Avenger stuff...

and I use a Windows tablet with my Holley Dominator all the time...have been since day one....after all, it is Windows software running on a Windows tablet.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have an acer aspire one its a beater little netbook that i use for tuning, way better than toting my big one around. i know some tablets are starting to come with usb ports so it may be possible in the future.

Quick Reply: Laptops and Tablets.