Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in Toledo or NW Ohio AREA. COME IN

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone in Toledo or NW Ohio AREA. COME IN

I'm at my witts end, 98 Ws6 M6, Fresh rebuild, Stock internals, Stock heads, Z06 Cam, LS6 Intake, Headers, ORP no cats with a frost mail order tune, Car has 100 miles on her sense the rebuild, Keeps throwing p0343 cam sensor, All the sensors are new even the cam sensor. I need someone with HP tuners or someone that knows these motors better than I do. Which wouldn't be to hard, Please help willing to drive within an hour or so to get someone else's input. And yes I know nothing comes for free..........

Feel free to post or Pm me,
Thanks ahead of Time.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

Friday night bump
Old 11-01-2013, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pull the cam sensor out and look down the hole and see if you can see the reluctor on the cam. Had a machine shop call me once with the same problem after a rebuild and it turned out they installed the back cam bearing wrong and it was blocking the reluctor.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

If that was the case, would the car even run. I've put some miles on the car and still starts up right at first then about the 3rd time that is where is dosen't wanna start right at first. then I try again starts right up, It's like a random thing. Just saying, I've read every cam sensor thread and still nothing.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They will run fine without the cam sensor signal. They can take longer to start because the pcm has to determine TDC on the compression stroke by trial and error, but once it starts it know when to fire the plugs until the next key cycle. Also you just said Z06 cam without being specific. Some people sell stock LS2 cams as Z06 cams because they are the same spec as the 01 LS6 cam. But because the LS2 uses a front cover mount cam sensor there is no reluctor on the back cam journal.

Quick Reply: Anyone in Toledo or NW Ohio AREA. COME IN