Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 th350 problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 12:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 th350 problems

Car was an a4 went th350 with rmvb..now I can't tune car...took it to rpm motorsports in Valencia and had no luck....car runs good till about 5k and then it pulls injectors out of enrichment....could it be something with the th350? They told me that it could possibly be a bad crank sensor, going back in a week...

Any advice guys :/
Old 11-09-2013, 07:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It may be triggering some Vss Fuel Cut
Post your tune to check
Old 11-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a speedo signal ? Mine acted like that when i didnt have anything hooked up. Now I pull it from the front wheel abs sensor.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:33 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What is "rvmp"? You guys use more strange abbreviations. smh

I also have never heard the term "pulls the injectors out of enrichment" before. Man, we sure operate in different circles. Are you trying to say it goes lean?

Are you logging your injector pulse width? If so, what is it dropping to?
Guess you have logged your fuel pressure when it does this? Fuel pressure sitting in the shop means very little.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The best way to tune that is to tune change the tune to a 6 speed and retune the car. Without seeing the tune its a crap shoot but it sounds like they missed a limiter somewhere. There is no telling what gear the pcm thinks its in so it may not be a normal limiter that its hitting. Years ago I used to just delete all the auto codes but ran into some weird issues I could never figure out. I then started tuning all (th350, th400, glides, etc) as a 6 speed and all the weird issues went away. You dont have to have a vss in order for it work, my race and several other ones I tune regularly all dont have a vss sine they all have race brakes with different hubs. A vss does make it a little easier to tune but not a necessity.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:14 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree. I always start with a manual Trans cal. Just shutting off auto Trans codes doesn't get it done. There is a bit in there that selects non-electronic auto trans. That won't get it either. If VSS is used it is very easy to change to 40 pulses & recalculate the VSS calibration for the speedo.

Quick Reply: ls1 th350 problems