Sponsored by:

4l80e Swap Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e Swap Help!!!

01 GMC Sierra RCSB
28.75" tire, 4.10 gear, 3200 Stall, 80e swap, and otherwise stock.

80e was converted from a 4x4 to a 4x2.

Tune: Segment Swapped by HPT and scaled for 4.10 gears with some other minor changes.

I just finished up the 80e swap in my 01 Sierra. HPT did the 80e segment swap for me and I'm now having issues with the transmission not wanting to shift correctly and the TCC will not lockup unless I manually do it through HPT. Along with 80e swap I did a Circle D 3200 stall and 4.10 gears outback. I scaled the tranny tables for the 4.10 gears.

I followed the wiring instructions very closely and I've checked my wiring now 3 or 4 times. I wired in the front ISS to pins 22 and 23 on the red pcm connector and I swapped the brown wire position U to position S where the white wire was.

The speedometer is about 50% off of what it should read the first time I drove the truck. If I'm going 60mph it reads 30mph. It will shift through the gears under partial throttle but any thing above that and it shifts erratically.

After doing some tinkering in HPT I did however get the speedo to work correctly by changing VSS Pulses Per Mile to a much lower number than it automatically scaled it too. I set that number at 60,000 pulses per mile where as it was scaled at 115,035. That setting made the speedo read correctly and my ABS code go away. (C0238 mismatched wheel speeds)

I also got it to shift somewhat correctly when going WOT by changing the Final Drive Ratio - Trans Revolutions/Mile to 2700 it was originally scaled to 3344.8. It will shift 1-2 at WOT like it should but not 2-3. It will just hold 2nd gear until I let out of it.

Out of two hours of off and on test and tuning I only got the TCC to lock once while I was test driving and that was at like 75mph. I can manually lock it in but it wouldn't ever do it on its own except for the one time.

I've also replaced the rear VSS to see if that was causing me a problem.

I'm pretty lost at this point. I know I shouldn't be having this much trouble. I have attached my tune.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Attached Files

Quick Reply: 4l80e Swap Help!!!