Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOT and street tuning??

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 04:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default WOT and street tuning??

I am going to have my car dynotuned next week. I bought LS1 Edit. I was just wondering how a dynotune works? Don't you tune it for driveability and then tune it for WOT? I'm really hoping so because I'm not sure what my cutouts will do to my air/fuel. I want to tune the car with the cutouts closed for street driving and the cutouts open during WOT. It will be tuned on a dynojet. I'm not sure what model. Should I set the a/f at 12.5 to make up for the dyno load? The car has to hunt for idle now for the first ten seconds. I think I will set it at 850 vs. 750 now. Good idea? I plan on shifting at 6500/6600 and setting my rev limiter to 6800. Does that sound about right?

How long should the tuning take? Rob Raymer charges $150 an hour for tuning. I know he can row through turbo tuning very quickly but I am worried he might take longer on my car because its all motor. I don't think I should have to pay for two hours if it should only take one hour because he has to play with it. He is close as hell though. He is a great guy so I'm sure he will do me right.

I have a Jantzer ported throttle body as well. I want to tune it first stock and then put the TB on to see what I gain. Will this mess the tune up very much or will it be an easy fix? I think it is worth it if it only takes an extra ten minutes to correct the tune. Hopefully it wont effect it that much.

Thanks guys. Any tips?