Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new to HP Tuners, now... about the tune repository

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new to HP Tuners, now... about the tune repository

So my question is, when I download a tune from the tune repository, is there a simply way to apply all of the changes someone made to their tune (that is uploaded to the repository) to my cars tune? I downloaded my VCM info and I can see changes between the two .bin files, but before I spend a ton of time finger picking in each difference between the two, I just want to see if there's a simple way to "copy over" all of the inputs from the downloaded bin to my bin from my car. Or, have I just been welcomed into the tuning world and all the hours it consists of?

OR, do I just need to cough up the additional two credits to unlock the tune I've downloaded from the tune repository, and use it that way? Obviously, I'd like to avoid this if I can. Thanks for everyone's help!!
Old 11-20-2013, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustin Raab
So my question is, when I download a tune from the tune repository, is there a simply way to apply all of the changes someone made to their tune (that is uploaded to the repository) to my cars tune? I downloaded my VCM info and I can see changes between the two .bin files, but before I spend a ton of time finger picking in each difference between the two, I just want to see if there's a simple way to "copy over" all of the inputs from the downloaded bin to my bin from my car. Or, have I just been welcomed into the tuning world and all the hours it consists of?

OR, do I just need to cough up the additional two credits to unlock the tune I've downloaded from the tune repository, and use it that way? Obviously, I'd like to avoid this if I can. Thanks for everyone's help!!

thats your answer in bold.

if not, have fun copy and pasting all the differences
Old 11-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Duly noted. Thank you!
Old 11-20-2013, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can copy all the changes to your tune with a few clicks.

Open your tune
Open the downloaded tune in the compare menu

Then go to the menu - compare - View comparison Log

A window with all the differences will show. If you want to copy everything, right click on Engine and select Copy over differences. It will copy all engine parameters from the downloaded tune to yours.
Then do the same for transmission, speedometer, etc.

That's all
Old 11-21-2013, 02:47 AM
Teching In

It's pretty easy to copy paste bits. Be careful with the repositary tunes, there's some crap ones in there. Desensitised knock sensors, too much timing, dog's breakfast VE tables, even saw one with more timing in the low octane table than in the high. If you don't know what a table does and how it should be set, leave it stock and read up! You're right about the "lots of hours" part, but it's good fun.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

shouldn't take more than 20 seconds to copy over an entire tune to another sans dtc's as previously noted.

Keep in mind there are some tables that if altered blindly can fry the pcm so be mindful of changes you are unknowingly copying over from one tune to another ie etc tables, some speedo tables, etc.

Quick Reply: Brand new to HP Tuners, now... about the tune repository