Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 trouble codes after a tune up

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 trouble codes after a tune up

I have a 98 z28 ls1 camaro with a freshly re manufactured 4l60e. I had a code come on one day that was p0118 (engine coolant temp voltage to high) i changed my plugs, wires, drilled and slotted rotors, slp lid, thermostat, coolant temp sensor, and coolant level sensor all at the same time. Then at start up it was extremely rough (didnt know if it would even start). Now I still have p0118 on and now i have p0102 (MAF voltage low) and another code that I forget the number but its brake switch malfunction or torque converter malfunction or something where the flywheel just stays free wheeling when i stop so when i shift into drive it jumps really hard. All this just surfaced after my tune up.....Any suggestions please?????? I believe the 3rd code is p0703 (brake switch circuit malfunctioning)

Last edited by hungry4hp; 11-23-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The maf code will make the trans default to max line pressure which why it shifts hard. Make sure you dont have any air leaks between the maf and throttle body. If that checks out then try cleaning the maf. Since you already changed the temp sensor time to look at the wiring.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cleaned the maf and iat sensors n no change at all in codes or symptoms.....

Quick Reply: 3 trouble codes after a tune up