PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 crank sensor wiring question (please help)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ls1 crank sensor wiring question (please help)

I have asked this question on another section on here with no luck some one please help...thanks to all in advance here is the link: https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ring-help.html
The following users liked this post:
293LSX (12-25-2022)
Old 11-24-2013, 12:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Ls1 crank sensor wiring question (please help)-ckp_cmp-sensors_99-.jpg  
Old 11-24-2013, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
sweet thanks for the help bud I see it now. so the A B C positions on the camshaft sensor don't go in that order. I think I see my problem now.. I will repin the connectors for sure and see if it starts.. as far as the pcm goes the pin outs should not change correct? or should I look into this also? sorry for the newb questions iam just totally new to this whole ls mess lol
Old 11-24-2013, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Well today I switched the wires on the cam sensor connector to the correct spot and still can't get the engine to fire... I also tried swapping out coilpacks for the heck of it and still nothing... Anybody got any other ideas? Cam and crank sensor were in good working condition when motor was pulled from donor car... My pcm has been tuned also eliminating all vats and whatever else I don't need
Old 11-24-2013, 03:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 7beast
Well today I switched the wires on the cam sensor connector to the correct spot and still can't get the engine to fire... I also tried swapping out coilpacks for the heck of it and still nothing... Anybody got any other ideas? Cam and crank sensor were in good working condition when motor was pulled from donor car... My pcm has been tuned also eliminating all vats and whatever else I don't need
Why are you swapping wires on the cam sensor. You start out asking about crank sensor wiring then start fking with the cam sensor wiring. They will run without a cam sensor signal. Will just be hard to start.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Why are you swapping wires on the cam sensor. You start out asking about crank sensor wiring then start fking with the cam sensor wiring. They will run without a cam sensor signal. Will just be hard to start.
I started fking with the cam sensor because I also noticed that those wires were also not In he correct spot after looking at the shematic picture you posted. as of now I have the crank sensor connector and cam sensor connector all wired up according to the schematic and all the wires go to their correct spots on the pcm again according to what the schematic says. my next guess would be a bad crank sensor I suppose
Old 11-24-2013, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you have a scanner? Are you getting any rpm indication with a scanner when cranking?
Old 11-24-2013, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

No I sure don't have a scanner but I need to Invest on one or borrow one. I don't have a tach lead either
Old 11-30-2013, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Were you able to figure out the cause...?

Quick Reply: Ls1 crank sensor wiring question (please help)