Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't start help....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Won't start help....

Just got the new motor in, was running 60# injectors before. I haven't retuned yet and went with 36# injectors. Car stars but struggles and if the gas pedal is even touched it dies. Could this be the PCM is tuned for the larger injectors?
U
Old 11-30-2013, 12:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by foxls1
Just got the new motor in, was running 60# injectors before. I haven't retuned yet and went with 36# injectors. Car stars but struggles and if the gas pedal is even touched it dies. Could this be the PCM is tuned for the larger injectors?
U
Yes, if your tune was for 60's and your now running 36's I wouldn't expect it to run very well if it ran at all.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Why? I'm on board with ya but can you explain the why to me? Thnx for the response.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The pcm only knows what is programmed in the tables, it has no idea you changed injectors. Its trying to run what injectors are setup in the tune. Basically you have incorrect flow rate, min pulse width, pulse width, injector timing and possible a couple more tables that are incorrect. If your injector data is inccorect it starts a snowball effect on throwing other tables off that affect your fueling.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
The pcm only knows what is programmed in the tables, it has no idea you changed injectors. Its trying to run what injectors are setup in the tune. Basically you have incorrect flow rate, min pulse width, pulse width, injector timing and possible a couple more tables that are incorrect. If your injector data is inccorect it starts a snowball effect on throwing other tables off that affect your fueling.
This is true. You are flowing almost twice as much fuel as the computer knows about.

Quick Reply: Won't start help....