PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

decitions on Holley/ECU/Pro/???

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 05:12 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

there are 2 timing retards you can program for launch control....
just have to decide how you control when it starts...
an output that sends 12v when it sees WOT is an easy way to do it...

you can do it by RPM or time

it is in all 3 holley ECU's
Old 12-13-2013, 10:29 AM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by soundengineer
there are 2 timing retards you can program for launch control....
just have to decide how you control when it starts...
an output that sends 12v when it sees WOT is an easy way to do it...

you can do it by RPM or time

it is in all 3 holley ECU's

Thanks, i was going to look into the no lift shifting side of things as well.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:40 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Tough environment for a resistor. I think somebody is feeding you a line.
No line, many aftermarket 02 Widebands use a loopback resistor to calibrate the sensor. While this doesn't allow for age or "drift" due to wear and contamination it is the most cost effective consistant metheod.

I have a pair of 4 channel Autometer/Stack (made by Daytona Sensors) that is a dash pot that is used to calibrate the sensors in clean air. The calibration is in the sensor controller and is adjustable. I can replace those Bosch sensors without worry about a loopback resistor.

Robin
Old 12-22-2013, 12:26 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Robin L
No line, many aftermarket 02 Widebands use a loopback resistor to calibrate the sensor. While this doesn't allow for age or "drift" due to wear and contamination it is the most cost effective consistant metheod.

I have a pair of 4 channel Autometer/Stack (made by Daytona Sensors) that is a dash pot that is used to calibrate the sensors in clean air. The calibration is in the sensor controller and is adjustable. I can replace those Bosch sensors without worry about a loopback resistor.

Robin
thats the way the NGK AFX works....small potentiometer on the back of the unit is just that.... an adjustable loopback resistor designed for the NTK sensor
Old 12-22-2013, 01:48 PM
FormerVendor

Don't overlook Haltech. Their current box's are quite a bit more complete already than the Holley stuff and the Elite Box they have coming out in the spring has an options list they cannot compare to.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:05 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
Don't overlook Haltech. Their current box's are quite a bit more complete already than the Holley stuff and the Elite Box they have coming out in the spring has an options list they cannot compare to.
I disagree. I looked at the Haltech web site and their products don't offer close to the number of standard features in the Holley EFI.

Of course I am biased, have you actually looked at the Holley product?

Haltech doesn't have Drive by Wire, 4 Stage Nitrous, 4 Gig internal data logging, Boost Control, 4L60, 4L80 Transmission controller just to name a few.
24 Injector, high or low impedence, Water Meth Injection, and the ability to interface with Davis Traction Control and Racepak dash.

Robin
Old 12-23-2013, 02:33 PM
FormerVendor

It actually works on the features it does have though... I have experience with the Holley as do I with Haltech.

I haven't had a setup that required 4 stages of nitrous control. However the boost control is much more sophisticated on the Haltech. It does support drive by wire and has traction control, flex fuel, EGT control and corretion tables, variable cam timing, dual intake runner, IAC, nitrous control with alternate maps etc. The only "option" I currently see that would be worth while on a setup is the multiple injector outputs the Holley has along with the million inputs they have. Personally I have not needed that option on any car that has come through my doors... although it is a nice option granted. If you included all of the main sensors that aren't classified as an input on the Haltech you would have quite a few inputs on the tech sheet of the Haltech also.

They have a PNP LS1 or LS2 style harness to go along with their Platinum Sport ECU, and this is easily upgradable to the Elite ECU that is projected to release in the spring as it has the same harness plugs as the Platinum Sport only it has more processing power of more inputs and outputs and will also have automatic transmission control. Haltech also interfaces with Racepak and has all of the CAN bus support to digitally run multiple widebands and EGT with.

I don't want to turn this into a pissing match but I personally would rather work with the Haltech.

Last edited by James@ShorTuning; 12-23-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:54 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
It actually works on the features it does have though... I have experience with the Holley as do I with Haltech.

I haven't had a setup that required 4 stages of nitrous control. However the boost control is much more sophisticated on the Haltech. It does support drive by wire and has traction control, flex fuel, EGT control and corretion tables, variable cam timing, dual intake runner, IAC, nitrous control with alternate maps etc. The only "option" I currently see that would be worth while on a setup is the multiple injector outputs the Holley has along with the million inputs they have. Personally I have not needed that option on any car that has come through my doors... although it is a nice option granted. If you included all of the main sensors that aren't classified as an input on the Haltech you would have quite a few inputs on the tech sheet of the Haltech also.

They have a PNP LS1 or LS2 style harness to go along with their Platinum Sport ECU, and this is easily upgradable to the Elite ECU that is projected to release in the spring as it has the same harness plugs as the Platinum Sport only it has more processing power of more inputs and outputs and will also have automatic transmission control. Haltech also interfaces with Racepak and has all of the CAN bus support to digitally run multiple widebands and EGT with.

I don't want to turn this into a pissing match but I personally would rather work with the Haltech.

I've played with both....I'm not going to get into a pissing match either..
I was not impressed with the Haltech.
in my opinion, the Haltech was slow to respond and the Data logging sucked..
limit of 10 channels for onboard logging with a pc?? that sucks.

I record every single thing that goes in or out of the Holley.....all the time..

the Holley responds faster and has a better data logger (granted, it needs a little work on the way it looks, but its a Far better data logger)

the Haltech is a Decent ECU......but the holley wins hands down pretty easily...
theres a reason guys are ditching their BS3 and XFI to switch to a Holley....
Old 12-23-2013, 08:17 PM
FormerVendor

I will agree that Holley is light years better than XFI and BS3. Those two aren't even in competition as far as I'm concerned. The logging on the current Haltech platinum isn't as sophisticated for sure. However the elite ECU is. It gives you the option to prioritise PIDs as well to keep datalog file size down. No need to record IAT or ECT at 100hz etc
Old 04-11-2014, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been looking at the Dominator but was put of by it's traction control (Not the price or even the extra box, just how it works), I'm building a 2200lbs twin turbo LSX Midengind Road racer, and it seems the TC on the Holley unit is more biased to drag racing. I really need a driven over un-driven fuel cut stile TC as if this thing steps sideways to much I'm in the Poo very quickly. Its a shame as the Holley looked to have almost everything I wanted and lots more (Apart from DBW with Cruise Control).

So I've just started to look at Haltech, mainly there new Elite unit. I can wait till its out car wont be finished this year.... Just love the Holley Self learn whats the Haltech like for Closedloop 02 WOT...
Attached Thumbnails decitions on Holley/ECU/Pro/???-1534419_10202804409865095_2912778641186854127_n.jpg  
Old 04-11-2014, 05:38 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by lm1clive
I've been looking at the Dominator but was put of by it's traction control (Not the price or even the extra box, just how it works), I'm building a 2200lbs twin turbo LSX Midengind Road racer, and it seems the TC on the Holley unit is more biased to drag racing. I really need a driven over un-driven fuel cut stile TC as if this thing steps sideways to much I'm in the Poo very quickly. Its a shame as the Holley looked to have almost everything I wanted and lots more (Apart from DBW with Cruise Control).

So I've just started to look at Haltech, mainly there new Elite unit. I can wait till its out car wont be finished this year.... Just love the Holley Self learn whats the Haltech like for Closedloop 02 WOT...

actually...the Davis module that you use with the Holley Dominator is one of the best modules out there...and it works AWESOME on the street and at the track...
Old 04-12-2014, 01:31 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OP,
Did I meet you at Sealy tonight?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:10 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown06
OP, Did I meet you at Sealy tonight?
Black 06 single cab 408?
Old 04-13-2014, 01:57 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
Black 06 single cab 408?
thats me
Old 04-13-2014, 10:22 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown06
thats me
Was really hoping to see the truck run. That thing is badass btw!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:55 PM
8 Second Club

anyone find out if the dominator supports no lift shifting?
Old 05-11-2014, 02:01 PM
8 Second Club

anyone find out if the dominator supports no lift shifting?
Explain what you mean.....

if you are talking about that Gay **** that some new GM ECUs do because cobalt owners are pussies and dont know how to drive....
then no....it doesnt do that directly...

you could wire in to a pin so that when you depress the clutch it engages the 3step on a soft setting or use a nitrous input to just remove some timing to slow down revs.....

but really..just learn how to drive....it doesnt help anything...

Last edited by soundengineer; 05-11-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

any shops in Houston area that will wire up a holley dominator system on a car with all options?
Old 05-11-2014, 03:08 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by soundengineer
Explain what you mean..... if you are talking about that Gay **** that some new GM ECUs do because cobalt owners are pussies and dont know how to drive.... then no....it doesnt do that directly... you could wire in to a pin so that when you depress the clutch it engages the 3step on a soft setting or use a nitrous input to just remove some timing to slow down revs..... but really..just learn how to drive....it doesnt help anything...
ok thanks for that Info? Sorry I find it funny that you think no lift shifting doesn't help track times.. Guess I need to go learn how to drive

Last edited by oscs; 05-11-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:10 PM
8 Second Club

ok thanks for that Info? Sorry I find it funny that you think no lift shifting doesn't help track times.. Guess I need to go learn how to drive

it hoenstly doesnt.....
learning how to shift fast is better than needing control because you shift too slow...

buying an auto solves all your issues and makes you faster.

Quick Reply: decitions on Holley/ECU/Pro/???