Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4/4L80E swap.... first fire up.... no luck

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 07:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LQ4/4L80E swap.... first fire up.... no luck

I've got my swap all done and everything seems to working very well. Turns over good, oil pressure is ok, I've got 65lbs of fuel pressure at the rails, good spark but no fuel is getting into the engine. I pulled the plugs and no gas smell at all. I do have 1 code P1336 Crank position sensor variation relearn fault but the reason is for that is cuz its not the original PCM with the engine. (I have the fix for that)

This engine has sat for at least 7 years with gas in the rails. when i cleaned this engine up I removed the rails and injectors and i haven't cleaned the injectors but the rails are good. Whats the chances that all 8 injectors are stuck shut????? Tonight i'll put the noid lights on them to see if they are trying to fire, if so then I'll know its just the injectors.

Anything you guys can think of that I haven't?
Old 12-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Did both engines have the same count reluctor rings and what count was the PCM you are using programmed for?
Old 12-06-2013, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Um....... not sure, I'm assuming so since its still the red/blue PCM connectors, aren't the 58T ring PCM's blue/green or something like that? I had Brendan at LT1swap modify my harness and sent me a spare PCM that he reprogrammed for this engine. He had all the info for the engine so I'd think
Old 12-22-2013, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If those injectors set with gas in them for 7 years I would think that the gas has broken down and gummed up the injectors.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Exclamation Yep....

Originally Posted by Monte4ever
If those injectors set with gas in them for 7 years I would think that the gas has broken down and gummed up the injectors.
I get at least 2 sets a month from the local salvage yard. Engine is sold, customer can't get it running. They send me the injs...Many times they are junk.
None have been sitting for 7 yrs, either. I see some that are a yr or 2 old...Same deal.
Sometimes, I get injs that have just been pulled, and left in the open air...Same deal.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
I get at least 2 sets a month from the local salvage yard. Engine is sold, customer can't get it running. They send me the injs...Many times they are junk.
None have been sitting for 7 yrs, either. I see some that are a yr or 2 old...Same deal.
Sometimes, I get injs that have just been pulled, and left in the open air...Same deal.
Yep, I agree. I just went through this with a 3.8L that sat at a salvage yard for 3 years that I replaced in a Buick Lacrosse. Finally got everything together and wouldn't start...narrowed it down to injectors not doing their thing so I swapped everything from the old engine and it fired right up.

Of course, check your pulse with the noid light like you mentioned, but I'm sure that 7 year old gas is all gummed up now.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

i thought i updated this but i guess i didn't, sorry.

Yes all 8 injectors were clogged up beyond repair, I put 8 other used/cleaned injectors in and it fired right up. Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: LQ4/4L80E swap.... first fire up.... no luck