PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is torque management OFF good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is torque management OFF good or bad?

Im getting my car retuned and my tuner said the last person that tuned my car basically turned everything off (front o2s, torque managment , knock, misfire etc... )
Old 12-18-2013, 08:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So JR is going to turn torque management on on your 02 Z06?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:17 PM

No my bad he didn't say torque management I don't know where I came up with that from..
Anyways I just finished programing my pcm with a base tune he sent me and the GAS SMELL iS GONE..that was one of my main reason for wanting to get it tune because it smelled like gas real bad while at a stop light.
Also cam surge/bucking feels like its completely gone, I can parking lot cruise in first and second with no bucking ..over all the car absolutely feels amazing and 10 times more smoother..
we are not done yet and tommorow im going to do some data logging and im also going to need bigger fuel injectors

Last edited by Mr.Z06; 12-18-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I favor leaving some in place, but nothing from the
traction control crap. Just trans TM, mellowed out
a tad but kept around to protect the wimp 4L60E.

If your shift times are tight you will not notice trans
TM, provided the spark retard is not left to deliver a
stupid -10 degrees net advance.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jimmy, it's a 02 Z06. Manual transmission.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Jimmy, it's a 02 Z06. Manual transmission.
It was my bad,I was reading up about torque management and got mixed up with what jr told me and what I read when I posted this thread.
Why you hateing on JR?just wondering because on my last thread you seem to offer no help other than being sarcastic in one of your posts and the other post,you didn't flat out say it but you beated around the bushes and kind of compared him to some dude name chuck cow who seems to be known for blowing peoples engines up.

If you know something I don't know about him how about shareing?
You don't have to and I dont expect you to but why even reply if your not willing to be helpful at all?
Im here because I didn't know nothing about tuning and I needed HELP.
As for my experience with JR/teamZR1,
it's been one of the best. He pretty much solved all of my tuning issues like the gas smell, cam surging/bucking, the car feels more powerful and responsive.the guy has literally spent over 20 hours on the phone with me, thought me how to use and read just about all the functions on the scanner that I didn't even purchase from him.

I paid him for the tuning already and he tuned it as best as he could untill I get bigger fuel injectors and hes still waiting on me to swap out injectors so he can tweak the tune but in the mean time he's still responding to all my phone calls and emails.cant say that about other tuners who seem to run off as soon as you pay them.
So far with my experince I definitely recommend jr @ teamzr1 and thanks to every one who Pm"ed me and recommended him to me when I first asked about his tuning.

Quick Reply: is torque management OFF good or bad?