Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 VE Table, Calculating from 15 kPa all the time?? Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 VE Table, Calculating from 15 kPa all the time?? Need Help

I'm still in the "learning stage" with EFILive. I've run a few scans, and I'm concerned that when I pull up my tuning software while scrolling through my scans, no matter what my measured MAP actually is, the software is indicating that my PCM is calculating anticipated airflow from the 15kPa column only, in the VE table (and backup VE table). In all of the other charts, the "grey highlighted box" correlates with the scan as would be expected, so I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the software. Is my car really calculating from 15kPa when manifold pressure is 55kPa, for example? I believe the condition would be very noticeable, but again, I'm new to this. Before I bought the car, previous owner told me it's been "tuned." I don't know what's been altered.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when I run a scan and record the "commanded AFR," it's always 14.63 across the board, and just from looking at my fuel command at open loop I know it should not be "commanding" 14.63 100% of the time. Are these two things related in any way? My wideband meter isn't here yet, so I'm not messing with fuel/air just yet, only observing what I can.

My car is a '98 Trans Am WS6
Attached Thumbnails LS1 VE Table, Calculating from 15 kPa all the time?? Need Help-img_1991.jpg   LS1 VE Table, Calculating from 15 kPa all the time?? Need Help-img_1994.jpg  
Old 12-19-2013, 11:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

You dont have the pid selected correctly in the scan tool. Go to the SAE.MAP.pid and right click it and change to metric and it will follow you ve table correctly.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Thank you! I'll try that.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:04 AM
Teching In

Problem solved! Thanks

Quick Reply: LS1 VE Table, Calculating from 15 kPa all the time?? Need Help