Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley hp or dominator with stock bcm

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley hp or dominator with stock bcm

I have an 04 gto and I'm looking to buy the holley efi. It has a 5.3 with a turbo. From what I have read you can not use the holley setup to control your bcm, because its a stand alone unit(please correct me if I'm wrong). I have done searches on this but have not found an exact answer. Is there anyway of piggybacking the holley with your stock bcm so I can run my headlights and other electronics or is the Holley EFI a drag race setup only. This car will be mostly a street car and there would be no point in buying the Holley EFI if I have no headlights ect without completely rewiring the entire car. I figure I would ask you guys because this seems to be out of my league.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:27 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

you cannot use the Holley Directly with your Stock BCM

technically, you could piggyback to the stock ECU, and your stock ECU would continue to communicate with the BCM like normal

Most of your BCM Functions are separate from your ECU anyways....
theres only a hand full of things you will have to wire around the BCM instead of thru the bcm

Most people who do a Holley EFI are controlling headlights/tail lights turn signals thru switches and relays directly in contact with those items if they cant be controlled by the BCM without a stock PCM

several companies make fuse/relay panels to deal with that portion of your vehicle

I had a full custom panel made by Racewire Solustions.....but he makes basic panels for situations just like yours...
Lights/signals/hazzards...several relays and fuses for other things like power locks or power windows....

lots of options...best bet is to give him a call and see what he suggests

Quick Reply: Holley hp or dominator with stock bcm