Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The real cost of Holley EFI?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The real cost of Holley EFI?

So I'm considering transferring to a Holley EFI setup on my Turbo LQ4/4L80e setup in my '72 Nova. I'm looking at this because of the pure power and virtually unlimited tuning ability and the control of almost everything.

My concern is knowing what to buy, and how much all of these pieces add up to altogether. It seems that when I read up on this system and the ECU and parts involved there's always one more harness adapter or external controller you have to buy to do another option, which, in turn, seems to always be another $1000 more than I thought.

• Is it possible to buy a complete setup (one part number) that includes the ECU and the harness to plug and play and get me on the road?
  • How much is this?
  • Is it possible to operate the ECU on the factory harness, or do I have to buy Holley's harness to make it work?
Old 01-30-2014, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

http://www.holley.com/Index.asp?division=Holleyefi
Old 02-03-2014, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

You will need to use the holley harness, or make your own. Look at the dominator for tranny control.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Launching!

are you looking for the dominator setup for 4l80E control and dual widebands ($2700 to $3100) ? Or a slightly cheaper option HP efi and tci ez controller ($2000 to $2200) ? I priced both options for my chevelle and realized the dominator setup is worth the extra $500-$600 for all the extra controls and I/Os
Old 02-15-2014, 06:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a holley hp efi ecu and harness kit with the plug for inputs/outputs and a 3 bar map sensor from Moore racecraft for $1757.00 shipped. Comes with a base tune for you application to get you started. Call Dennis at Moore racecraft he disigned most of the software for holley and he's super helpful and will point you in the right direction. He talked to me for 30 min and answered all my questions before I even said anything about buying anything.

Quick Reply: The real cost of Holley EFI?