Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TVS knock

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TVS knock

I put this is the FI forum and figured this would be a better place..

I've been battling this mysterious knock for quite some time and can't seem to figure it out. It's a forged 6L with a TVS2300 running on e85.

How many of you guys have desensitized your KR sensors? I show a small amount of knock and am afraid of adding any more timing and its not allowing me to make as much power as the motor is capable of. The car runs great, idles great, runs like a rapped ape. Can't hear any knock, but the car is LOUD, and it only happens when the motor is at its highest load. Only seeing 161kpa and IATs around 140.

Any ideas, help, and thoughts are appreciated. I'm no tuner but I will do my best to answer any questions.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ps97d9ad15.jpg
Old 03-06-2014, 09:44 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an E-Force on a LS6 shortblock with stage III 317 heads. 10 lbs of boost and no knock at all with stock knock settings. What is your SCR and IAT's?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Different blocks will have different knock calibrations, Especially between iron and aluminum as the frequency windows will be different. Also, depending on blower type, will also throw in noises into the windows. Blower noise, transfers thru to the block under acceleration and can be seen as false knock. Watching EGTs on each cly if possible, and or checking each plug will see if it is real or not. Also make sure that it isn't just a burst knock value kicking in that could just be deleted as it was only showing up do to large airmass change.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:01 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off is what tuning software is being used?

Second is, have you tried a higher octane fuel or fuel additive to see if it is false knock? That can happen alot.

Quick Reply: TVS knock