PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All motor/nitrous timing set switch questions

Old 03-02-2014, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All motor/nitrous timing set switch questions

Is it possible if I bring it my car to a tuner and have him set up the car for all motor with a switch and a 125 shot with what ever timing switch and a couple more for the stages so I don't have to run on one timing all day and so I can just flick a switch when I was to drop timing to spray the car. Is that possible
Old 03-02-2014, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've heard of the IAT and the Traction Control method, but honestly have just started looking into it. I'll be spraying here soon too and am trying to figure out if I need to drop cash on a LNC2000 or just have timing pulled via the IAT or TCS. I'm in the same boat; want max tune for NA and then a tune for spray.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I've heard of the IAT and the Traction Control method, but honestly have just started looking into it. I'll be spraying here soon too and am trying to figure out if I need to drop cash on a LNC2000 or just have timing pulled via the IAT or TCS. I'm in the same boat; want max tune for NA and then a tune for spray.
Yeah I want to have a switch just turn on and drop compression turn on bottle and spray the bitch but yeah I have a tune right now I made 415 all motor but he had to drop timing so I lost 10whp for the spray
Old 03-02-2014, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you ask your tuner about it? James Short over on Turbobullet talks about it in a thread in the LSx section. I wish they made handheld tuners that can store 2,3,4, or 5 tunes in it like the Mustang boys have. Never could figure out why a company didn't make an affordable one, as I would think there would be a huge market for it.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Did you ask your tuner about it? James Short over on Turbobullet talks about it in a thread in the LSx section. I wish they made handheld tuners that can store 2,3,4, or 5 tunes in it like the Mustang boys have. Never could figure out why a company didn't make an affordable one, as I would think there would be a huge market for it.
Yeah ill ask him tomorrow
Old 03-03-2014, 08:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

You can run a custom operating system with efi live and run NA and have the pcm pull timing when the nitrous comes on, no extra box needed. The other option is an autocal from efi live, its a handheld that uses custom tunes from your tuner (must use efi live) it will hold several tunes, datalog, clear dtc's and can be used on multiple vehicles at the same time.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
You can run a custom operating system with efi live and run NA and have the pcm pull timing when the nitrous comes on, no extra box needed. The other option is an autocal from efi live, its a handheld that uses custom tunes from your tuner (must use efi live) it will hold several tunes, datalog, clear dtc's and can be used on multiple vehicles at the same time.
Where can I get this?
Old 03-03-2014, 03:57 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wssickk
Where can I get this?

We sell them, just give us a call. Number is in signature below.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning

We sell them, just give us a call. Number is in signature below.
There's a way to hook it up right when I activate the nitrous the timing drops I found out u can do
Old 03-03-2014, 05:42 PM
FormerVendor

There's a way to hook it up right when I activate the nitrous the timing drops I found out u can do
Sorry about that, I thought you were asking about the auto cal. If you tuner uses EFI Live you can use custom operating 5 (COS#5) to pull timing when your nitrous cuts on. There isnt any charge for that, you just have to add a wire to the pcm so it knows when the nitrous is on. The COS#5 adds nitrous timing tables to adjust timing based on rpm. No cheating tables or resistors.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

I just refalsh my ecm with hp tuners before I spray But I have a 98 ecm so don't have much options.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Some people been using the ect over the iat since it doesnt affect fueling as much when running speed density.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:12 PM
FormerVendor

Default Custom OS for timing retard

Here is a link to the EFILive custom OS software instructions for the E38 and E67 ECM that allows you to have it go into a different fuel and spark table when the nitrous gets activated:

http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...20Tutorial.pdf

Here is a link for the custom OS's for the older PCM's:

http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...20Tutorial.pdf

Not described in that document is that they have a custom OS for nitrous fueling/spark for some of those PCM's/operating systems as well (COS5 I believe).
Old 03-16-2014, 11:15 PM
FormerVendor

Default Timing retard

Is it possible if I bring it my car to a tuner and have him set up the car for all motor with a switch and a 125 shot with what ever timing switch and a couple more for the stages so I don't have to run on one timing all day and so I can just flick a switch when I was to drop timing to spray the car. Is that possible
Forgot to mention that if you don't want to do it in the calibration you can also install an external box that will retard the timing when the nitrous is active. A little easier to make quick adjustments at the track to the nitrous timing retard without having to reprogram the PCM. Lingenfelter makes a box, the LNC-2000, that does that. It can take out up to 15 degrees of timing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All motor/nitrous timing set switch questions