Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about MAF selection

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about MAF selection

I'll start by saying I have been searching and reading but have not found anything that completely answers my question. Also, I am posting this here as I figure anyone who tunes will have a better understanding of MAF function.

I am looking for what the most effective route is for implementing a MAF. This will be in a sub 600hp turbo 6.0. I bring this up because from the various MAF choices I have looked at, most seem to use a stock sensor of some sort in a larger housing (100mm or more) but wasn't sure if the Lingenfelter MAF was different and possibly provided more useful readings (can't tell what it used for a sensor). If that's not the case, I will just tig a bung into my plumbing. I'm more or less curious about which has worked best for others.

More importantly, I understand a larger diameter will affect the reading given by the MAF, but what is confusing me, is if whether or not I am still going to run into the 512 g/s limitation of the ECM, and have to start scaling values. I don't quite understand when that comes into play yet, and would like to learn its significance before I start tuning.

If someone could help me out with this, it would be much appreciated. And please don't tell me to just run go with a SD tune, I'm just trying to learn something.

Thanks,
Luke

Quick Reply: Question about MAF selection