Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley Hp EFI and Lean Afr?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley Hp EFI and Lean Afr?

I am having an issue and just wanted some clarification. I think I know the problem but wanted to see what you all think. Last night my car did run a new best in the 5s but at high boost it is running lean. I have one of the safety features cutting the ignition if I get over 12.2 AFR above 20lbs of boost. That part is working. However, I am commanding 11.6 and seeing 12.3 to 12.5 at the higher boost levels. Even if I ad a bunch of fuel to my base fuel table in those cells it will not match commanded with actual. I am thinking my fuel pump must not be able to keep up or the Holley would be able to match it no problem. It is almost dead on actual and commanded until I get above 22lbs of boost. No matter what I do I can get it to go fat enough. I think I need to ad a second fuel pump. What do you guys think?

I run the new Holley Dominator pump. The biggest version for E85. I run both pumps at the same time. I have -10 fuel line to a Y fitting and then -8 to the rails and -8 return with a 20 gallon fuel cell. I run E85 for fuel. I am around 1200gph at 21lbs of boost and around 1400gph around 23lbs of boost. That is where I am having issues. I run pump E85 and 160lbs injectors and 60 psi base fuel pressure.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:14 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked69
I am having an issue and just wanted some clarification. I think I know the problem but wanted to see what you all think. Last night my car did run a new best in the 5s but at high boost it is running lean. I have one of the safety features cutting the ignition if I get over 12.2 AFR above 20lbs of boost. That part is working. However, I am commanding 11.6 and seeing 12.3 to 12.5 at the higher boost levels. Even if I ad a bunch of fuel to my base fuel table in those cells it will not match commanded with actual. I am thinking my fuel pump must not be able to keep up or the Holley would be able to match it no problem. It is almost dead on actual and commanded until I get above 22lbs of boost. No matter what I do I can get it to go fat enough. I think I need to ad a second fuel pump. What do you guys think?

I run the new Holley Dominator pump. The biggest version for E85. I run both pumps at the same time. I have -10 fuel line to a Y fitting and then -8 to the rails and -8 return with a 20 gallon fuel cell. I run E85 for fuel. I am around 1200gph at 21lbs of boost and around 1400gph around 23lbs of boost. That is where I am having issues. I run pump E85 and 160lbs injectors and 60 psi base fuel pressure.
you are out of fuel pump...
you need a second pump or you need to go with a big mechanical pump

60 psi base is too much to do 20+ psi on that pump
you need to lower your base pressure to 43, and go from there...
the Holley pump would probably keep up with your fuel needs if you start with a lower pressure
Old 04-20-2014, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What actual duty cycle are you seeing.if it's commanding over 100% then you're out of fuel pump

Quick Reply: Holley Hp EFI and Lean Afr?