Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Identification

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM Identification

Bought an Lq4 for a guy on CL, said it came out of an 06 3500 (DBW, 24x). Trying to sort out how i am going to tackle my harness, but i have hit a roadblock on whether or not my TAC is in the PCM, or attached to the pedal. I have seen that TBSS and SSR's got the TAC in Pcm, so i'm not sure if that was only for limited edition vehicles or what, but either way i need to know in order to determine what pedal and TAC i might need. Was hoping someone might be able to shed some light, i found a partial list of popular PCM numbers, but i do not see any of the numbers included on my sticker on the list. Any help would be appreciated. Link- http://www.chevythunder.com/LS1%20co...Identification

My PCM-
Old 04-09-2014, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

search under the Flash code YKYY
I found lots of info on applications with this
rock auto has delco reman with that you can use the reman # to cross over what else that PCM or variants of came in.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

RA came back with flash code YKYY fitting 04-06 silverado 1500 PCM. Did a little more digging on that particular vehicle and found the "Throttle Control Actuator" is separate from the PCM on that particular vehicle. If i did the same search using the details my CL guy told me, the TAC and PCM are the same part number for both vehicles, so i feel confident i should be able to make it work.

Thanks ToplessHO!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:44 AM
Teching In

All DBW applications have TAC modules, that alone should tell you that it's separate from the PCM. On the trucks they should be located to the rear/upper/driver's side of the engine bay mounted to the firewall. And TAC modules need to stay with the pedal assembly if you're getting a part-out one. If getting a new one, make damn sure it's the correct one.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nvscott5
All DBW applications have TAC modules, that alone should tell you that it's separate from the PCM. On the trucks they should be located to the rear/upper/driver's side of the engine bay mounted to the firewall. And TAC modules need to stay with the pedal assembly if you're getting a part-out one. If getting a new one, make damn sure it's the correct one.
Incorrect, E38 and E40 ecm vehicles (2008 and later)don't have a TAC module.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jb451
RA came back with flash code YKYY fitting 04-06 silverado 1500 PCM. Did a little more digging on that particular vehicle and found the "Throttle Control Actuator" is separate from the PCM on that particular vehicle. If i did the same search using the details my CL guy told me, the TAC and PCM are the same part number for both vehicles, so i feel confident i should be able to make it work.

Thanks ToplessHO!
Correct TAC module for you would be a GM 1259008.

Quick Reply: PCM Identification