PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are my o2's switching correctly?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are my o2's switching correctly?

98 T/A m4, installed long tubes and ORY (both BBK in stainless) had a slight rough accel after install. just installed B&M 4l60e and holeshot 2400 and now is way more pronounced.
i was thinking the o2's where the problem but they appear to be switching still.
Something that happened last night is new, 60mph under load (uphill) the engine started surging, 400 or so rpm change up and down like clockwork @ 25%+ throttle. Anyone ever experience this and have any tips as to where i should look? I will post the log pictures. All pictures are at cruise, except the last photo it is directly after stopping from a 25mph cruise.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Detektive Dan Carter; 04-10-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:27 AM
Teching In

Seeing that the quality of the scan data app you used leaves much left to be desired, it's resolution is pretty low, so my judgement may or may not hold water in this case (the data is not clear or quality enough to make a solid opinion). But for the most part that I can tell, they look like they're working. And you need to watch your fuel trims (short term and long term) because short term is directly reflected of O2 feedback. Long term is "learned" and constantly adjusts (much slower moving than short term).
Old 04-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nvscott5
Seeing that the quality of the scan data app you used leaves much left to be desired, it's resolution is pretty low, so my judgement may or may not hold water in this case (the data is not clear or quality enough to make a solid opinion). But for the most part that I can tell, they look like they're working. And you need to watch your fuel trims (short term and long term) because short term is directly reflected of O2 feedback. Long term is "learned" and constantly adjusts (much slower moving than short term).
here is my short terms on the fuel trims, also should the timing be going that far out? WOT 40-41 degrees, cruise 20-30 degrees...
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Are my o2's switching correctly?