Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tune or something else wrong

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tune or something else wrong

Good evening I'm hoping to get some suggestions on my current problem. I have 99 Z A4 with ported 243 heads and a tsp torquer V3 cam with all supporting mods. I had 2 local performance shops tune my car but I'm still having some issues. On a cold start it takes 2-3 tries before it cranks up and and while it's warming up the idle is surging when it reaches proper temp idles perfect. That's issue #1. Issue #2 is while I'm driving when the car reaches 20-35 mph and at 1500rpm the car will stick like the cruise control is on I can even rev it up but the rpm will go back to 1500 and coast on its own. Once I slow down and come to a stop or go under 20mph the idel will drop down to normal idle. That's the only time this happens I can go 60-100 with no problem get off the gas and have no bucking or sticking. I have cleaned the maf sensor and tb. I checked for vacuum leaks and I found one got it fixed. I do not have any misfire, ses, or check engine lights on. I do not have access to any scan tools or hp tuner to check. Any ideas or suggestions I can check or bring up the tuner will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

What intake and TB do you have? Mine was doing that with a Fast brand throttle body. I switched it out and now it drives nearly perfect just working out a few bugs from where I was tuning over the major problems with the Fast brand junk.

Otherwise either you have a small vacuum leak or the tune might just need some adjustments to the idle airflow tables in the colder engine sections.

The idle hang issue is one I too am still working on, but mine only does it sometimes, not consistent. Most times it works perfect but it seems to hang like yours after I have been driving at highway speed for a while.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Ls6 intake with a stock tb stock injectors
Old 04-14-2014, 06:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

When they tuned it did they drive it on the street to data log it and tune it for drivability? It could be the tune or it could be mechanical, its really hard to say over the internet and without seeing the tune or a data log.
If you bring the car to College Station I'll look at the tune for free and let you know if I think its in the tune.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Teching In

I would like to thank Lorenz at LSX Power Tuning for getting my car back on the streets. It's nice to know there are still honest and good people out there that are passionate about cars and racing as much as the customer. Thanks again and don't forget to shoot me a price on the nitrous setup.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

It was a pleasure, glad your back on the road and can enjoy your car. Its a shame dishonest shops and bad tunes caused you so much aggravation, time and money.

Quick Reply: tune or something else wrong