Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle Problems - LT1 w/New 24X system

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle Problems - LT1 w/New 24X system

I recently upgraded to the 24X LS1 Ignition system due to an Opti issue. I will say that my engine idled like a champ on the stock opti setup but at high rpm the opti just came apart internally. Anyway I have a fresh built 383 LT1 engine. Fairly aggressive cam, CNC ported factory heads intake so and so forth. Anyway Like I said the engine idled awsome with the opti but since I've upgraded to the 24X system I'm having all kinds of idle issues to make it simple here is a list:

Terrible cold idle won't run unless I keep foot on the throttle

Very erratic idle once warmed up. Seems to idle fine one minute than it keep wanting to cut out the next minute.

As time goes on the idle seems to be getting progressively worse.

When warm the idle some time won't hold and I keep my foot on the throttle and then all of a sudden the RPMs just shoot up for some unknown reason.

I just got an HP Tuners Suite and been trying to see if I can locate a problem. I'm not super versed in tuning but I know some basics functions.

From what I can see Bank 1 LTFT are pegged out. I'm not sure if its rich or lean new to HP Tuners Dash Board but the meter read full to the top and indicates 25.0. Bank 2 LTFT seem to be right in the middle.

Anyway I'm not sure if I have a mechanical issue (nothing mechanical has been changed) or if I have a tuning issue???

Any help??
Old 04-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This idle issue is driving me nuts. Today while trying again to get it to idle (with negative results) I noticed something odd. When I had the engine off and the ignition on I was looking at the HP Tuners Dash board and Chart. With the engine off and ignition on I noticed that the Bank 1 LTFT was pegged out to 25%. When I touched the throttle just enough to open the blade to 2% the LTFT reading went right to 0. Then when I let off the throttle and it went back to 0% the LTFT jumped back up to 25%. Is this normal???

Quick Reply: Idle Problems - LT1 w/New 24X system