PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS tuners in western Washington?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS tuners in western Washington?

I have a '71 Buick GS that we built for a customer that is having idle issues. We do not tune in house so we are looking for someone who knows what theyre doing. I do not want to name names, but it has been to two other dyno shops and they cannot get it right. Engine has a GM hot cam, headers w/ full exhaust and an intake, otherwise is stock.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:37 AM
Teching In

Brian Macy and Ed Hutchings are the best guys around. Brian is currently residing in Arizona I believe and Ed is in North Carolina I think. Brian use to live in Puget Sound somewhere. Both MAY fly out to you, but both can definitely remotely tune the car on the dyno remotely, you just get to a dyno near you and he'll tune it from his desk. Just get ahold of one of them and ask them what they need, and discuss your needs. Ed Hutchings is on this forum, do a search and you'll find his info. Here is Brian Macy's facebook profile....https://www.facebook.com/turbonova?fref=ts and he also owns horsepowerconnection.com and efistore.com
Old 04-23-2014, 01:23 AM
8 Second Club

Received 698 Likes on 439 Posts

The tuners you tried are in what city?
And what exactly is the issue?
Ron
Old 04-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Car initially wouldnt idle hot. First tuner got it to stop but then when my client picked the car up from them it immediately started to have the idle issue again (supposedly). Second tuner drilled the throttle plate out and made whatever adjustments to it with EFI Live, it idles good now, but sporadically the idle will race to 2k RPM for 10 seconds or so and then return to normal idle speed. This condition only occurred after the second tuner touched it, now they want us to replace IAC, ECU etc...
Old 04-25-2014, 01:41 AM
8 Second Club

Received 698 Likes on 439 Posts

I tune my own.
The only tuner I know of is in Vancouver, Wong's Performance.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:58 AM
9 Second Club

There's Ellis at Speed Secrets up in Monroe also.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Turns out Ellis was the last person to tune it. Called him on multiple recommendations from people here on the forum and after speaking with him and describing the car he said he was the one called in to tune it. Real nice guy, sounds like it should be an easy fix. Thanks

Quick Reply: LS tuners in western Washington?