Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kpa vs Grams/Cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Kpa vs Grams/Cylinder?

So I just got Efi Live this weekend, I have Tunercat & Tunerpro and I'm familiar and have tuned a few cars with them since my car is originally a 93 lt1 camaro I flashed 94-95s as well, but my question, is there a way to convert Grams/Cylinder Gm.DYNCYLAIR_DMA under timing table vs Kpa under timing? I'm used to tuning with Kpa, also I would like to know this because I have a turbo 5.3 2 bar speed density, and would like to keep timing before boost for driabeability., and higher timing at lower boost and gradually decrease timing as boost goes higher, if someone has experience with this please help thanks.
Old 04-23-2014, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are not directly convertable. Dynamic Cylinder Air also takes calculated load among other things into account. You can log dyn/cyl and timing at the same time so the proper cells are easily referenceable.

Dyn/cyl vs RPM for timing is much better than kPa as it doesn't tell the whole story and a certain kPa reading will not always mean the same timing.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Like Exidous says, they are not translatable. G/cyl - cylinder air is a calculated mass flow measurement per cylinder per power stroke whereas MAP/kpa is simply manifold pressure.

g/cyl = MAFgrams/sec * 15/RPM.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotcha Ill look into doing the logs for sure and thanks for the response I'll be learning more about the system as I go.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Log both SAE.MAP (kPa) and GM.DYNCYLAIR (g/s), then you'll have kPa to reference the VE table, and you'll have g/cyl to reference the timing tables, see what Exidous said.

If you look closely at the timing tables, their axis tells you what to log in order to link from scantool to tunetool (i.e. scantool cursor links to tunetool table cell).

Quick Reply: Kpa vs Grams/Cylinder?