PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPT, little RTT help if you would? Can't seem to get it working.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPT, little RTT help if you would? Can't seem to get it working.

I'm trying to get RTT to work properly and don't see changes made to the RAM table taking effect. You'll read the steps I've taken below but I've included a screen shot to show what is going on. In the particular idle cell I'm in the RAM table should be commanding 27 degrees of advance but it is still using my flash table for some reason. I've ensured to click the green arrow to enable RAM table but to no avail. I also made note that when I made changes to the timing table it states it is writing to RAM. Is it possible my OS just doesn't allow for RTT? In the OS field it shows unlicensed (applied), is this the issue perhaps? Any input would be GREATLY appreciated, I have a feeling I'm missing a vital step but I've gone through the help file and the boards and haven't seen what that may be.

Steps I've performed.
1. Converted my 9381344 OS to 1 BAR MAF - Enhanced
2. Flashed new RTT tune w/ RTT VE-SPARK-MAF-PE mode
3. Enabled use RAM table in scanner for Main spark vs. airmass table

Thanks much

Dave
Old 04-23-2014, 06:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

High octane spark table doesn't control idle spark.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol thanks, as you can see I'm a tad rusty. With that being said, even changing VE tables in closed loop have no effect. As a test I set idle VE tables to 0 and nothing changed at all. I have a feeling I need to purchase credits to use this. HPT has no phone # to call so I suppose I should email them.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The credits are consumed in the conversion to the Enhanced RTT MAF OS procedure. I haven't used RTT in a while so I cannot be too much help but it sounds like you did it right.

Generally speaking you will spend 4 credits for an Enhanced PCM. Two for the PCM license and two for the custom OS. After that I believe you can swap between the various custom OS's without having to use mroe credits.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Exidous
The credits are consumed in the conversion to the Enhanced RTT MAF OS procedure. I haven't used RTT in a while so I cannot be too much help but it sounds like you did it right.

Generally speaking you will spend 4 credits for an Enhanced PCM. Two for the PCM license and two for the custom OS. After that I believe you can swap between the various custom OS's without having to use mroe credits.
Correct. Most you should spend is 4 credits on your PCM.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I got HPT when it first came out a long time ago so perhaps the structure was different then. I later upgraded to the MVPI Pro but looking at my credits I have 6 that apply to 2000 corvettes and 6 for 1999 firebirds. I had no spare credits. Perhaps that covers all vehicles of that model year which is why it is costing me 6 credits, really unsure as it doesn't specify and their notes don't state the cost of one model year of a vehicle.

Dave
Old 04-24-2014, 09:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
With that being said, even changing VE tables in closed loop have no effect.
Correct.

you are using the MAF based custom operating system.

changes to the VE have virtually no effect when running maf & closed loop.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

foff, it seems you are affiliated w/ HPT in some way, can you tell me if I need credits available to use RTT? I have 0 available as of now, as stated above my OS says unlicensed (applied). I have 12 credits but all appear to be used for 2 cars (6 each for 2000 vette and 1999 firebird). I think my credits were applied to one model year rather than one vehicle. I have an email in via their website but haven't gotten a reply.

Thanks
Dave
Old 04-24-2014, 05:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Pretty sure theres no charge for custom operating systems in the newest 2.24 build.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by foff667
Pretty sure theres no charge for custom operating systems in the newest 2.24 build.
That would be sweet
Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

Well I got HPT when it first came out a long time ago so perhaps the structure was different then. I later upgraded to the MVPI Pro but looking at my credits I have 6 that apply to 2000 corvettes and 6 for 1999 firebirds. I had no spare credits. Perhaps that covers all vehicles of that model year which is why it is costing me 6 credits, really unsure as it doesn't specify and their notes don't state the cost of one model year of a vehicle.

Dave
I've had HPT for about 8-9 years now. If you spent 6 credits then you had to unlock the model year.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

That must be it, entire model year. No idea why that turned lot that way but whatever. And yes, 1 bar maf rtt is free!!
Old 04-24-2014, 10:25 PM
12 Second Club

That must be it, entire model year. No idea why that turned lot that way but whatever. And yes, 1 bar maf rtt is free!!
If you pull up your license in the drop down bar it will give you a screen shot of everything for that controller.

That is awesome.

Quick Reply: HPT, little RTT help if you would? Can't seem to get it working.