PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yaw Sensors on a c5, anyone have issue/experience?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Yaw Sensors on a c5, anyone have issue/experience?

I auto swapped my c5z, not long after we tuned it for the trans etc... well at WOT I recently noticed it throwing Act Handling/Service TC/ code TCS 1282 which is yaw sensor code. I replaced it and went to stab it, it went ape **** and dragged my right side brakes at WOT, almost ripped me off the road. Well I checked the Ohm on all the wheel speed sensors, but they all tested within tolerance. So I got my tuner to change the tire sizes to no avail... so I am stumped. The only thing I have going for me is to trick the whole ABS system and TC system... I want to wire all my wheel speed sensor to one wheel, the right rear tire. This way it will satisfy all of the TC system etc.. in theory :dunno: I won't have ABS or TC but I don't really care as it is for drag racing. Has anyone had problems with the ABS dragging the rear/right brakes? I did a front end alignment and it will only rip the right wheels IF I have to wheel it from the car spinning, but it seems the faster I go the harder it will drag them according to how the stall converter is acting and it is feeling mph wise.
Comments, Concerns, help?
Old 04-30-2014, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

I am about to wire this up and tune all the tires to the same tire size.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

From this thread, it appears the yaw sensor is in the console. Since you changed trans, did you have the console out?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...de-1282-a.html
Old 05-01-2014, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
From this thread, it appears the yaw sensor is in the console. Since you changed trans, did you have the console out?
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...de-1282-a.html
I've had my console out more than people even wrench on their cars. Last time I looked, when I tried a new sensor? Everything was plugged in and the sensor looked to be centered correctly on the mounting brackets.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

My bud went so far as to scope each wheel sensor. It appears the yaw module was getting the info in the wrong sequence.

here's what he said:
I had trouble with my C6 having a ABS code. All wheel sensors gave good ohm readings. I even put an oscilloscope on each wheel and checked the amplitude of each signal. In the end it was a bad yaw module. The ABS system will not set a code just because it activates. If that were the case, a significant portion of cars driven in rain, snow, ice would be carrying around codes. The system is setting a code because the sum of information it is getting does not match expected data. For example, it detected wheel slippage, applied brakes, and THEN detected yaw information. (Data out of order.)
Old 05-02-2014, 08:06 AM
On The Tree

Hmm I guess I need to put it on a tech2 before I operate on it.

Quick Reply: Yaw Sensors on a c5, anyone have issue/experience?