PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried the HP Academy tuning course?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 08:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone tried the HP Academy tuning course?

I just got HP tuners VCM suite yesterday and it's a little over my head. So i started searching for tutorials to learn how to tune when i came across this High Performance Academy that offers a basic EFI tuning course for $99. Has anyone tried these courses and are they any good?
I'm basically starting from little to no knowledge about tuning, but am determined to learn. however, the videos I've come across in my searches typically give me partial information and not good to use as a starting point for learning.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Teching In

I just finish their EFI fundamental course and I can tell you that I would rather not have took it because I was under the impression of more in dept graph and how-to but instead its just a guy lecturing. I didnt learn much at all. Hopefully I get my money back with their 30days money back,
Old 08-02-2014, 06:38 AM
Teching In

Here's my experience after signing up a week ago.
There are 3 parts to the High Performance Academy you should be aware of:
1. the courses
2. the webinars
3. the forums

Paying for 1 course also gets you access to their webinars and forum.
Currently there are 5 courses and i just signed up for the first one called EFI tuning fundamentals and for me it was like buying a book, except it's delivered with videos, not pages. thaiyota is right to say that the EFI fundamentals course is like a lecture because basically the purpose of that course is to teach you all the principles a tuner needs to understand so you will know what you are doing and why you are doing it. This first course does not try to teach you how.

The webinars are are mainly done on a dyno covering real life tuning examples. Most of these are showing you how a pro tunes. Each one lasts for a bit more than an hour and covers a single focused subject like tuning a fuel table, tuning ignition timing, setting up a VE table, programming cold start, knock control, setting up e-throttles, CAN vs analogue widebands .......etc. Multiple tuning platforms are used, e.g Motec, Haltech, Link, Ecotec which i found really interesting. (I have not seen HP Tuners being used yet but they do refer to it and certainly use it in their shop)

The forum is interesting: These guys have been tuning for 15+ years and if you have signed up with them, they actually want to tell you everything they know. When a question gets asked on that forum, these pros seem to actually want to tell you what they know, very specifically.

98TAjwh, I wont be asking for my money back.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:52 AM
Teching In

I know this an old thread but I was looking for reviews of HP Academy. I have found that once you sign up for one of their free webinars they will spam you constantly.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried the HP Academy tuning course?