PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 in Mustang, harness and DBW?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 08:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 in Mustang, harness and DBW?

well I have a L79 motor (Alum 6.0) and LS3 intake, now I've been getting so many different answers that I'm lost. I found out that with a 58x wheel its only by DBW unless I get a Lingenfelter box conversion. So few options, I bought a 2000 LS1 Camaro harness because I wanted cable t body.
I do have 2 t bodies, cable and DBW. I almost bought a 2009-2011 Corvette harness and a 05-13 Corvette pedal assembly for DBW. Now when I asked, they said it doesnt use TAC, ok. So I asked does the harness go to the pedal connector and they said the pedal connector goes to somewhere under the dash. well I have a Mustang. I thought if I bought those 2 items then the DBW would work, but what else would I need to get to the pedal connection, or am I getting wrong info and the engine harness does go there?

I dont mind using the 2000 LS1 harness either and using adapters but man just not sure which way to go. any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:13 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well transposed number I have a L76 motor.
Decided to use the 2000 Camaro harness and the Lingenfelter box. I bought the extended harness that goes from the cam sensor in back of the block on a 2000 camaro to the front timing cover. Also bought the 3wire to 5 wire maf conversion harness. I think thats about it on the harness that I need. anything else that I'm forgetting?

Quick Reply: LS3 in Mustang, harness and DBW?