Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'98 A4 needs pcm...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 05:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default '98 A4 needs pcm...

So I've got the dreaded p0601 in my '98. A bad o2 sensor caused me to cycle the key going down the road to keep the engine running. It would go dead rich. Well one of those key cycles while trying to limp it back to the house pissed the ecu off and it quit.

I have an ecu from a 2000 Camaro, but it's a 6 speed. Besides the repin job and the van fuel cluster segment, what am I looking at cost wise to have this ecu rewritten with an A4, with a few touches like a canned tune, rear O2 and egr/air delete?

The engine is stock with long tubes, ported t/b and a trailblazer stock converter, slightly higher stall.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Monzsta
So I've got the dreaded p0601 in my '98. A bad o2 sensor caused me to cycle the key going down the road to keep the engine running. It would go dead rich. Well one of those key cycles while trying to limp it back to the house pissed the ecu off and it quit.

I have an ecu from a 2000 Camaro, but it's a 6 speed. Besides the repin job and the van fuel cluster segment, what am I looking at cost wise to have this ecu rewritten with an A4, with a few touches like a canned tune, rear O2 and egr/air delete?

The engine is stock with long tubes, ported t/b and a trailblazer stock converter, slightly higher stall.
That would fall under our special for $150 plus shipping for the pcm programming.

Quick Reply: '98 A4 needs pcm...