Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed 100mm MAF

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Speed 100mm MAF

I have heard that it is harder to tune LS motors with non-GM MAFs. (That info could be completely false. I really don't know a lot about tuning.) That being said, is the MAF in question a good one or is it know to have problems. I am bringing my car to get tuned professionally, and I just want to try and make it as easy for my tuner as possible.

The only reason why I want to go with the 100mm MAF is because I just bought a FAST 102 intake and throttle body, so I don't want to restrict the intake with an 85mm Z06 MAF. Its going to be going on a 383 LS1.

Thanks in advance to any help I can get.

Last edited by Bandit2000; 06-25-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

You need to purchase an airflow straightener if your maf doesn't already cone with one. Makes a world of difference in regards to tuning and actual real world results.

Google Saxon pc
Old 06-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Teching In

Anytime you change the MAF to a different size you need to retune, it doesn't matter whether it is a GM one or not. The 85mm MAF is good for about 450HP I believe. You can check to see if it is a restriction by looking at the MAP value at full throttle, it should be close to atmospheric.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandit2000
I have heard that it is harder to tune LS motors with non-GM MAFs. (That info could be completely false. I really don't know a lot about tuning.) That being said, is the MAF in question a good one or is it know to have problems. I am bring my car to get tuned professionally, and I just want to try and make it as easy for my tuner as possible.

The only reason why I want to go with the 100mm MAF is because I just bought a FAST 102 intake and throttle body, so I don't want to restrict the intake with an 85mm Z06 MAF. Its going to be going on a 383 LS1.

Thanks in advance to any help I can get.
Is it going in that WS6?
What are you going to use for an induction set up?
A traditional lid is going to be a bottleneck before that giant MAF, and you'll have all sorts of poor airflow issues...
Old 06-24-2014, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Is it going in that WS6?
What are you going to use for an induction set up?
A traditional lid is going to be a bottleneck before that giant MAF, and you'll have all sorts of poor airflow issues...
Yes it is, sorry I didn't mention that. I'm also getting the FTP 104mm lid to go along with it. Wanna make sure I have good air flow and it's not restrictive.

Last edited by Bandit2000; 06-24-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brief Encounter
You need to purchase an airflow straightener if your maf doesn't already cone with one. Makes a world of difference in regards to tuning and actual real world results.

Google Saxon pc
That MAF looks like it already comes with that air straightener.

Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris
Anytime you change the MAF to a different size you need to retune, it doesn't matter whether it is a GM one or not. The 85mm MAF is good for about 450HP I believe. You can check to see if it is a restriction by looking at the MAP value at full throttle, it should be close to atmospheric.
I'm going to be over 450 HP in a year or so when I go with supercharger or nitrous. I'm just trying to plan ahead now. I bought a 96mm PP Typhoon Intake a few years ago and it turned out to be a piece of ****. So I bought a Fast Intake because I want only the best now. I just want to make sure that I am getting a good MAF and not one that could have problems.

Also I'm not going to be the one tuning the car. I have no clue how to read tables and I'm not about to learn on a car I have dumped thousands of dollars into. I just want to make it easier for the guy tuning it. If that means buying GM, then I'll do that. But if I can get away with aftermarket I would rather do that.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Make sure you get a dump file with that maf, it makes tuning a whole lot easier, especially if he has never tuned that specific one..
Old 06-25-2014, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by moehorsepower
Make sure you get a dump file with that maf, it makes tuning a whole lot easier, especially if he has never tuned that specific one..
Where do you go about getting that? Sorry I ask a million questions just wanna make sure I do this right.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandit2000
Where do you go about getting that? Sorry I ask a million questions just wanna make sure I do this right.

Either from the manufacture, the supplier or maybe google it. Back when people started using the Z06 maf, the customer supplied me with the Z06 dump file, and it made tuning the maf simple, other wise you are constantly adjusting from the hz vs kpa area until you get it right..
Old 06-25-2014, 04:59 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you purchase the MAF from us, we will supply you with a start-up file for HP Tuners. Make sure to get it with the Racetronix MAF-001 conversion harness because a newer style card MAF is used in that housing and won't have the same plug as your factory harness.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sales4@Texas-Speed
If you purchase the MAF from us, we will supply you with a start-up file for HP Tuners. Make sure to get it with the Racetronix MAF-001 conversion harness because a newer style card MAF is used in that housing and won't have the same plug as your factory harness.
I'm going to give you guys a call tomorrow afternoon sometime. We actually switched over from a 3 wire to 5 wire plug because I went with the 85mm Truck MAF at first, so I don't think I'm going to need that conversion harness. But I am going to need that 104 lid. We can figure out everything over the phone tomorrow though.

I appreciate everyone's help. Question has been answered. So with that being said.

Quick Reply: Texas Speed 100mm MAF