PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Chevy SS tuning question.............

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2014 Chevy SS tuning question.............

Hi Guys!

How hard would it be to tune a New Chevy SS to get better mileage and more power?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-30-2014, 02:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Holy crap!You actually have one?I thought only a few thousand were coming over and most of them were allotted to certain dealers, Nascar team owners and drivers and GM executives,GM couldn't be bothered to bring any at all to Canada.I would be surprised if anyone here has seen one yet alone worked on one,my guess is that the same methods used on the Camaro and Corvette would work as well on the SS.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tfi racing
Holy crap!You actually have one?I thought only a few thousand were coming over and most of them were allotted to certain dealers, Nascar team owners and drivers and GM executives,GM couldn't be bothered to bring any at all to Canada.I would be surprised if anyone here has seen one yet alone worked on one,my guess is that the same methods used on the Camaro and Corvette would work as well on the SS.
No Sir, but I was looking at them, but couldn't get past the fact that they get Horrible mileage! I have driven one and they are Very comfortable and pretty quick too for their weight.

I understand that they are probably pretty fun to drive, but I spend less time at WOT than cruising around and I'd rather tune it for better mileage and get a couple more horses out of it, than more horses and drinks gas, if that makes any sense.

I just kind of wanted to know before jumping in.

Thanks for the info. I guess the best thing to do is to call a tuner.

Thanks again.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you drive one at the dealer? If so, what kind of bottom line price were they offering? Were they discounting MSRP at all?

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

i bet you will be hard pressed to get much more out of it . Maybe some headers would.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mercier
Did you drive one at the dealer? If so, what kind of bottom line price were they offering? Were they discounting MSRP at all?

Thanks.
I did drive one, but didn't discuss pricing until I was sure that I liked the car. The seats were uncomfortable for me, so I lost interest in the car.

The seating isn't bad, but my butt is Very particular to seating.

I will say though that the car has some pep in its step and would surprise you for the weight of it.

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
i bet you will be hard pressed to get much more out of it . Maybe some headers would.
Having to deal with emissions and sound and all of the other things to balance out things concerning regulations and stuff, I think that you'd be surprised what you could get out of a tune, but from your sig, I'll bet you knew that already. Might pick up some power and get better mileage and driveability.

Last edited by FreddyG; 08-05-2014 at 12:37 PM. Reason: forgot to add a post
Old 08-06-2014, 02:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you trying to tell us you have a big butt? Lol

What was up with the seats? I figured this thing would feel like a GTO or Impala...comfortable. Uncomfortable seats kinda disappoints me. Are they at least sporty in some worthwhile way?

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mercier
Are you trying to tell us you have a big butt? Lol

What was up with the seats? I figured this thing would feel like a GTO or Impala...comfortable. Uncomfortable seats kinda disappoints me. Are they at least sporty in some worthwhile way?

Thanks.
No, my butt is not THAT big!

The seats were pretty nice, but my butt is kind of picky, as far as they go. They actually also bothered my wife's back (a Happy wife is a Happy Life), so that kind of took it out of the running.

The seats have plenty of bolsters to support you if you drive it aggressively in some corners. They just hit me in some spots that caused some discomfort for me. They are Very Nice seats, but just hit me in some sensitive spots.

My best advice is to go and sit in one and take one for a ride. You'll be impressed by the car. Chevy did a good job on it (actually Holden, did a good job on it). It's quite a bit of performance for the cost of the car and the seats probably won't bother you.

My butt is just picky!

If you drive one, Please let us know what you think.

Quick Reply: 2014 Chevy SS tuning question.............