Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 edit procedure

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 08:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 edit procedure

when using ls1 edit what is the correct procedure downloading your car pcm, and when you transfer your changes from ls1 edit to the car thanks
Old 05-21-2004, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

start up the LS1 Prog program, make sure serial port is set properly.

To read (make sure you have a strong battery cause edit takes forever to read the PCM) turn key to run
Wait 10 seconds (this gives the PCM time to "boot up")
Select Read PCM
Specify file to save read as
Select action and connect

when you're done you can then modify this file in the LS1 Edit software (make sure to do file save as when you're finished, the file does not auto save)

when you want to write your changes back to the PCM (do this only w/a strong battery... if you loose connection during write you'll have to head back to the dealership to have th PCM reflashed )

Open LS1 Prog
Change to proper serial port
Select Program_PCM and select the file you want to load
Put key in Run and wait 10 seconds
Select Action then Connect
should take 2-3 minutes to write
Old 05-22-2004, 01:21 AM
etc

all the above and remember, back up your original file [make several copies] and also back it on a disc. you can only use your file, you can copy someone elses file using the compare copy feature as long as it has the same segment id, but you have to make the changes in one of your files. save changes as you go in the tables, areas where you have to type in values and there is no save changes button will only be saved if you click save changes as at the end. the reason i'm repeating this is, i've forgot several times. you start playing in different tables and when your done you forget and just click exit, and it reverts back to what it was. when programming, turn off all lights, stereo, any aux electrical stuff, sit in the car and don't touch anything. don't let anyone open the doors or set off your alarm. anything electrical the car does could theoretically poll the pcm which could glitch the programming. they say sit still in the car or run you cable out the window, but i keep envisioning my laptop sliding off the hood, killing it and my pcm.