PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM related? Tried to troubleshoot a sound, car won't fire off now.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 07:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PCM related? Tried to troubleshoot a sound, car won't fire off now.

So I've been having this problem with what sounds like a lifter, even though I have replaced all of the lifters.

It is a 94 Z28, but I am running the 24x setup.

I started going cylinder by cylinder yesterday, unplugging a coil and listening to see if the sound changed. I did all of the the driver side no problem, same deal for cylinders 8 and 6.

Unplugged cylinder 4 and almost thought I heard a change, so I went to plug it back in. I had trouble with it a little bit, car then stalled.

Now the car will crank but not fire off? I have no trouble codes.

Could it stalling out have screwed up the crank position sensor reading or something? Should I disconnect the battery for a while and then try?

Anyone have a problem like this before? Cranks no problem, I have fuel pressure too, but seems like now I have no spark? Shouldn't it try to fire off??
Old 08-28-2014, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm hooked the battery up, crank crank crank. This thing just won't fire off, like there is zero spark, won't even sputter. What in the world have I done to this car? haha. Could I have damaged a relay or fuse when I tried to plug the coil for cylinder 4 back in???

Quick Reply: PCM related? Tried to troubleshoot a sound, car won't fire off now.