PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what ever happened to ls1edit? also does hptuners means a free tune?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 04:29 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what ever happened to ls1edit? also does hptuners means a free tune?

1. Looking for a more budget friendly tune.
Im thinking stock ls1 with t76 up to 500whp.

im considering fmu as a cheap solution but still looking for actual tuning stuff.

but everytime i search i find age old thread talking about ls1 edit.
well i cant find info on what happened to it or if i can still get one.

second is hp tuners. since its a "flash" does that mean I can tune a car then sell the tuner? basically all I would be out is a licence? and maybe lower the original price i payed for it.

im curious b/c im coming from ecmlink which is basically like a standalone factory ecu which meant you cant keep the tune as it goes with the ecu.

but since this thing is a flash once i get my set up dialed in I can just sell the thing and get majority of my money back?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

While yes you could sell it, it's an invaluable tool for messing with these cars including data logging, trouble shooting diagnostics, updating the tune for more mods, etc.

It's kinda like buying a torque wrench for a head swap...sure you could sell it or return it, but at some point you are going to need it again.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Launching!

Ya I understand that just wanted an option for when my setup is dialed in. It's going to be hard to up the boost as my setup is going to be limited to about 550 max due to fuel, clutch, and stock longblock.

Btw with the standard hptuners how are people tuning their car with that? I mean without wide band data log capability it's a bit complicated watching the wideband and keeping track of rpm manually
Old 09-18-2014, 09:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

LS1edit is still around. I contacted them last year when I finally pulled my ls1tedit cable out for a new setup. I needed a ls1edit version compatible with anything other then ol' windows 2000.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by white2001formula
LS1edit is still around. I contacted them last year when I finally pulled my ls1tedit cable out for a new setup. I needed a ls1edit version compatible with anything other then ol' windows 2000.
I actually recieved a pm with their website just now.

at the price that they are asking for it id rather go hptuners... i though the ls1edit was a budget tuner based on what ive read...

Quick Reply: what ever happened to ls1edit? also does hptuners means a free tune?