Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stand alone data logging issue with Hptuners MPVI Pro

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stand alone data logging issue with Hptuners MPVI Pro

Anyone have any tips for getting the stand alone logging feature to work on hptuners? I have the latest scanner software. Not sure if there is anything else that needs to be updated, but I tried it step by step from the help file with zero luck. Hoping to do a couple logs at the track tomorrow night with my new sloppy transbrake! I have tried loading the config multiple times both slow and normal speed. Every time when I unplug the laptop and click and hold record the err light illuminates. I tried making a new config just for stand alone, nothing. No logs are visible and I do not see a place to find any error codes.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well messing around with it after some helpful suggestions from some guys on facebooks yielded a result. After powering down the unit, bringing it inside for a while and going back out and plugging it in the car, it started logging without issue....just weird. So I guess the tip is to power it down completely before attempting to log with it.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I was getting frustrated with the same issue. Yes, powering everything down after loading config file to unit no worked for me as well. Looks like HP Tuners needs to add a tech note to their instructions.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know! I never got mine to work either, didn't try it again though.

Quick Reply: Stand alone data logging issue with Hptuners MPVI Pro