Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emissions Fail today

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Emissions Fail today

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or under external engine. I chose here because my post includes questions about tuning.
Just got back from the shop where my 99 WS6 failed emissions. The only aftermarket items on the car are lid and ORY. The PO put O2 Sims on it and it has passed the last 2 times since I've had the car. This time however the it failed and threw 2 codes without the engine light coming on:
P0138 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
and
P0160 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected Bank 2 Sensor 2

Based on this would you guys assume my sims have gone for a crap?
Would the engine not come on because the sims are telling it not to? It turns on briefly when I first turn the key but goes out with all the other lights when you start it.

Should I just get someone to tune them out at this point? If I do that should I remove my AIR and EGR before getting it tuned?

Just looking for some advice on this as I'm not super familiar with all the tuning/sensors stuff.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well you could get it all tuned out and the physically remove the air and egr later after it's inspected
Old 10-10-2014, 01:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

get a mail order tune and have the egr tuned out , rear o2s , and gas cap , evap and then when you decide to delete egr and air you will be all set . 150 for a tune , probably your easiest and cheapest bet for passing .

Quick Reply: Emissions Fail today