PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Connecting AIM MXL Dash to stock LS1 Delco ecu NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connecting AIM MXL Dash to stock LS1 Delco ecu NEED HELP!!

Ok so i have a factory 99' Trans Am Delco ecu that I am trying to connect to my AIM MXL Pro Dash data logger. I think the only 2 ways i can connect to the ecu is through RS232 or CAN protocols. I was wondering if anyone knew whether either of these signals can be sent out by the factory ecu or is it just that one serial data output? Is there a way to integrate to let the AIM dash read the ecu data? is there another ecu i could use that outputs either of those signals? Please help!!!

Last edited by want2b_ls1_240; 11-08-2014 at 02:39 PM. Reason: thought of more questions
Old 11-17-2014, 03:49 PM
Teching In

AIM makes a OBD2 bridge for the dash that will bring many parameters into it
Mike
Old 01-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Teching In

I've talked to AIM and they have informed me that the stock LS1 ecu has too slow of a data transfer rate to communicate with the AIM dash. Ive considered using the the HP EFI setup but it also will not communicate with the AIM dash. Holley has informed me that the only dash the efi ecu will communicate with currently is the Racepak dash. If anyone knows anything else please let me know. Thanks
Old 10-25-2019, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but found some information regarding connecting AIM MXL dash to Holley HP and Dominator ECUs.

https://www.aimtechnologies.com/supp...FI_101_eng.pdf

Has anyone actually been successful in connecting the two? acquired a racecar with one of these dash's in it and would like to use it, will influence which ECU I purchase (between LINK, Holley and MS3 pro).

Quick Reply: Connecting AIM MXL Dash to stock LS1 Delco ecu NEED HELP!!