PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are all DBW pedal assemblies the same electronically?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Are all DBW pedal assemblies the same electronically?

I bought a LS3 EROD crate motor last fall and am tying in the last details in my 79 Trans Am. One of the tasks yesterday afternoon was fabbing a bracket to adapt the supplied accelerator pedal to the firewall. We do disc conversions so the metalwork was no big deal, but noted a lack of bolt in adaptors for this.

Are the LS2/3 gas pedals the same electronically? If so we can choose a better candidate than the supplied Corvette unit for bolt in swaps. This is a pic of what was made yesterday:

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/attach...0&d=1415592674
Old 11-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Launching!

This is one we are looking at...

They run about $70 and do not require lever modding to work

Old 11-10-2014, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im guessing youre using the GMPP harness/ecm as well? I have a GMPP harness from '09 that is basically using ctsv ls2 info with tuning for the LS3. I tried to use a LS3 TB and im having lots of codes and issues, so I will have to go buy a LS2 TB to match the pedal and TAC module. So indirectly, no they don't like each other.

Now that you mention this though, Im wondering if it would be cheaper for me to source another pedal instead of a $800 TB... might have to start another thread!

Last edited by dimetweaker; 11-10-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Launching!

...and this is why I love forums like this.

Where in Bothell are you?

Shoot me a direct email please: m at scarebird dot com
Old 12-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Launching!

We got the brackets in from the cutters. *They are a more refined design; simpler. *They use the 10379038 GM 2004-2011 Cadillac CTS *pedal assy. *These run around $70 from Rockauto and Nalley GMC. *We needed to weld an extension to fit the existing F pedal. We did try the Impala piece - the offset was wrong. This is the Caddy piece here:

We start with the bracket here:

The smaller piece off to the left is a backer we made as one of the firewall holes was stripped so we elected to use bolts. *Mounting 3 individual bolts is no fun, so we ganged them together, and left a shelf to mount wire looms to boot on the engine side.

We used 3 nylon spacers to clear the insulation for rigidity.

Mounted.

All finished. *I drove the car today to the paint shop - pedal motion is identical to a vechicle of 70's vintage. We will sell the bracket, weldable pedal rod and 3 nylon spacers for $38 plus shipping, just mention LS1tech...

Quick Reply: Are all DBW pedal assemblies the same electronically?