Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Megasquirt3 pro vs stock ecm

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megasquirt3 pro vs stock ecm

Hello, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the megasquirt3 pro vs the stock gen 4 ecm.

I have a 2008 ly6 and no ecm or wiring harness. Looking for tunability for NA and boost down the road.
Any input would be much appreciated
Old 11-27-2014, 11:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by 91Camaro man
Hello, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the megasquirt3 pro vs the stock gen 4 ecm.

I have a 2008 ly6 and no ecm or wiring harness. Looking for tunability for NA and boost down the road.
Any input would be much appreciated
What is it going into?
If you're looking at a stand alone wiring solution as in computer running the engine only then I would spend the money and get the Holley HP system. ($1,500 right now) over the Megasquirt. I looked at Megasquirt for my LQ4 going into a 51 Chevy truck and after adding up the price of a prebuilt Megasquirt and harness It made sense to go with the Holley system. I also looked at a stock harness converted to stand alone and by the time I bought the harness and modified it and bought the computer and HP tuners it would work great but still figure I'll have between $800-1000 in it, Again Holley Hp looked like a better option to me.

I also have a 2000 S-10 That I'm going to drop an LY6 into, Since I can get a plug and play harness from different vendors for around $1000 and have all the stock gauges function that seems like a better option in that case.

Another reason for me to choose The Holley HP system is it's easily upgraded to the Dominator ECU if more options are needed.
I'm not knocking the Megasquirt, It's a very capable system but It's also not as user friendly as the Holley system in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Megasquirt3 pro vs stock ecm