Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0174 code

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0174 code

I recently just purchased an 06 ss trailblazer. Last week I started having some starting issues. It would sometimes fire right up and other times it would just crank and would only start when I pressed the gas pedal to the floor. I replaced ignition switch since I read these are known to be faulty but did not fix it. Then I decided to clean the throttle body which was pretty dirty and everything seemed to be fine after that. Everything ran Norma till last night when I was sitting in my driveway and the check engine light came on and it is the p0174 code referring to system too lean in bank 2. Don't really have the proper tools or a garage to do much but I did read the maf sensor could be the cause and was gonna try and clean it with crc maf cleaner. The car is all stock besides a k&n filter I put on. I know there are issues with cleaning these and not allowing them to dry but I did not clean it before it was put on. Could it be a bad O2 sensor? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Could be your maf and could also be a vacuum leak. Check all your hose going to the manifold and valve covers.

Quick Reply: P0174 code