Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Affordable baseline tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Affordable baseline tune?

Stock '01 4.8L, Z06 springs, 50# injectors, '98 LS1 Z28 exhaust manifolds, dual 2.25 pipes into single 3" ULEV cat, then T70 / 0.81 A/R, immediately after the cat.
My previous guy would do it for $100, but he thinks the BSFC should be 0.65 lb/hp/hr, so I can't trust him. The best shop in TX says 0.55, but I can't afford them.
I can afford that, he already unlocked the VATS in my truck-sourced 0411 PCM, and also I've talked with my local chassis dyno shop's owner.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No ideas at all? Not even from Denmah?
I'm not expecting free, and I'd even pay well for a copy of someone else's similar tune. I'd even change a few details of my parts combo.
Guess I have to ditch the electronic automatic transmissions and go MS2.
Curses!
Old 02-02-2015, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Seems the big names never realized, or forgot, that 3 quick nickels always beats one slow dime. Guess I'm going with MegaSquirt.
Thanks for nothing, losers.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did you ever think that no one has a base tune because your setup is so specific and even a base tune for your setup takes a lot of time not to mention risk without the car being right there in front of them. Also tuners are pretty busy so you probably would get a better answer over the phone.

The "thanks for nothing losers" comment always gets me when I see it posted. This a free board it doesnt owe you a thing and with an attitude like that I wouldnt help you even if I could. Its almost like a sense of entitlement with some people. Just something to think about, best of luck with your tune.

Quick Reply: Affordable baseline tune?