Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e tuning downshift issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 4l80e tuning downshift issues

Just trying to get this sorted. Was out and about and realized that often times my transmission is not kicking all the way down into 1st gear even some times when I am at a stop. Can anyone check this out and see what settings I might have missed/messed up. Still learning on the trans tuning stuff. I followed a guide that I found but some of the trans tables were different from what I am seeing on my screen. This has a 4l80e segment swap. Older tune, but the transmission section has not changed. Trans is a Jake's built 4l80e with a 3800 stall for reference. Also, when putting it into 2nd manually it sometimes takes forever to downshift. Not sure if this is in my settings....I was under the impression that shifting manually to 2nd would automatically force it into 2nd gear. Same with downshifting manually into 1st.
Attached Files
File Type: hpt

Last edited by Sarg; 02-18-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well figured it out. Seems it might have been some of my downshift settings and possibly upshift. I made several changes, but it now drops right down when placed in each gear as it should.

Quick Reply: 4l80e tuning downshift issues