Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF and VE Tuning Not Cooperating

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 08:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAF and VE Tuning Not Cooperating

Ok, so I have spent countless hours making this more complicated than Im sure it is. I have read different guides, etc. I have set up two different tunes, one for tuning the MAF and one for tuning the VE. In both cases the corresponding logs and histograms are not logging as expected (Just reading flat 0's and 100's everywhere). Please if you can look below at these tunes/logs/histos and see what I have jacked up Id greatly appreciate it. It may be something that was already in the car that I didnt realize would effect my logs.

The car is an 24X Converted LT1 with LT4 Heads/Intake and an unknown Cam, Running a 2002 F-Body profile with the right 24X modifications to the tune.

Thanks!!
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
VE Log Attempt 1.hpl (87.7 KB, 65 views)
File Type: hpl
MAF Log Attempt 1.hpl (55.7 KB, 71 views)
File Type: hpt
Dans MAF Tuning File.hpt (455.5 KB, 50 views)
File Type: hpt
Dans VE Tuning File.hpt (455.5 KB, 86 views)
Old 02-22-2015, 09:33 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your not going into Closed Loop. In your "Closed Loop Enable Coolant Temp vs IAT" table the ECT is set 140*C which your motor will never reach. This is how you would set up if you wanted Open Loop.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ctd
Your not going into Closed Loop. In your "Closed Loop Enable Coolant Temp vs IAT" table the ECT is set 140*C which your motor will never reach. This is how you would set up if you wanted Open Loop.
Ive got it at 284F ?
Old 02-22-2015, 08:11 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I also don't know what ctd is referring to. You have the "Closed Loop Enable" table set correctly to 284F.
I did notice you have the MAF DTC set to "MIL on second error". Maybe that is OK, but I use "MIL on first error". Also, did you use the scanner tools to clear the LTFT?
Old 02-23-2015, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

I think what cdt means is are you trying to tune in open loop with a wideband or closed loop with fuel trims? You have to do one or the other, not both. Closed loop set to 284* means you will be in open loop with a wideband. Sorry it won't let me open your files for some reason so I can't see.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:48 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrvedit
You have the "Closed Loop Enable" table set correctly to 284F.
Not if you want it in CL, the way it is there will be no fuel trims reported so the log show's 0's for fuel trims.

Last edited by ctd; 02-23-2015 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:54 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BBC632Camaro
Sorry it won't let me open your files for some reason so I can't see.
I've had this problem, I use "Chrome" & they open fine. I normally use Explorer & HPT files open with a bunch of gibberish.

The OP does have WB in the table, it suggest he is lean & the O2's are agreeing. His question was about the 0's reporting in his log as it will in OL.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:51 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah I used the VCM controls to reset the trims pre-log. So im a little confused. What exactly should be changed in each instance?

If I want to log with wideband change? ____________

If I want to log with LTFTs change?_____________

Do my histograms appear set correctly?

Thanks again!
Old 02-23-2015, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Personally I like to use the STFT's for idle and part throttle tuning for certain reasons and the wideband more for WOT tuning as you can use the Wideband with open loop but as soon as you change it back to closed loop it is going to use what the pcm narrowbands see anyway. I just keep an eye on my wideband to make sure its coinciding with everything.

I usually disable LTFT's and use STFT's so you leave the "closed loop enable" table where it was so it comes on at the operating temp you should be logging at and use the STFT's in the histogram to make your adjustments.

If you use your wideband for the readings you have to have your histogram set up correctly for it to read the error difference between what it sees and what the pcm is commanding. You do this in open loop and that is when you set closed loop to 284*

Quick Reply: MAF and VE Tuning Not Cooperating