Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hpt wont connect???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hpt wont connect???

Went to write an e85 calibration for my 99 z28 but I cant. I noticed on the screen it says disconnected at the bottom. The vcm scanner connects the editor gets half way through the check list and then fails. Its in red "mode 1 failure". Anyone have this problem? I can also no longer read the computer which I did Monday night
Old 03-31-2015, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine keeps telling me I need to update the interface. The update does not work so I have to restart the computer for it to work. Try sending a screen shot to hpt customer support.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea I restarted my computer and windows updated. I hooked it up back to my car and it wrote the calibration. hopefully this helps someone else lol
Old 04-01-2015, 08:53 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Yeah, when a Windows computer acts up, or anything connected to it acts up, reboot Windows. Sometimes twice, e.g. due to the updates. "When in doubt, reboot."

Not directly related to cars, but when one of my tech staff recently moved his Linux desktop, he checked and it had been running flawlessly without reboots for 250+ days.
We have Linux servers that ran without reboots for 4+ years until the hard drive died.

Related to cars, a more industrial and even more reliable alternative to Linux called QNX (http://www.qnx.com/) is now running in nearly all cars, in critical embedded components such as for air bags. Interestingly, Ford is switching their Infotainment system to use QNX instead of the previous (buggy) Windows; no surprise there.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea before they updated/changed thes software (like I had to disable the bootloader because vista wouldn't connect if I didn't. Now if only I could figure out this whole e85 tune...

Quick Reply: hpt wont connect???