Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injector compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Injector compatibility

I posted this in the fueling and injection section and haven't recieved any input so I figured I'd post it here. I bought 6 GTP injectors and 2 36# white giant injectors together will these be compatible together and be able to be tuned together without any problems or am I better off just buying 2 more GTP injectors?
Old 04-02-2015, 10:48 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

There are far more variables to injectors than just the flow rate. In particular the short pulse non-linearities are vastly different between different brands and models. Therefore the cylinders for the two different injectors could be running extremely rich or lean compared to the others at low throttle.

In short, never mix different injectors. Even better is to buy them in flow-matched sets.

Also never buy e.g. "Bosch compatible" injectors on ebay because these are cheap and inferior Chinese clones with completely different tuning characteristics. (Plus have a tendency to completely stop working.)

Last, only buy injectors for which you can find complete tuning tables, particularly the "Offset versus Volts versus VAC" and "Short Pulse Adder". For this reason it is best to stick with stock GM injectors, or genuine Bosch or Siemens injectors, or premium injectors such as Injector Dynamics.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

White giant and GTP injectors are the same thing. That being said you are better off buying flow matched sets. They can be had for 140.00 with flow data for the set(8).

Quick Reply: Injector compatibility