PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handheld Programmer included with Procharger '98 Vette doesn't support '98 PCMs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Handheld Programmer included with Procharger '98 Vette doesn't support '98 PCMs

Customer's Procharger stage II kit for 1997-2004 C5 comes with a Diablosport InTune programmer to update the PCM. After I installed the kit I tried to tune the PCM but the programmer was failing and after briefly speaking with Diablosport they claime InTune doesn't support '98 PCMs. No surprise I'm a little annoyed right now.

I normally tune with EFILIve but I'd have to get him a license ($125) and of course tune it. I'm not sure what effects that has on the warranty (assuming there is a warranty) and the kit was chosen because it's a "complete package."

Can anyone suggest a way to get the tune that was supposed to be put into the PCM so that I can flash it? If someone from Procharger would like to chime in please do so.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

If it does not support 98's then Im assuming they don't have a tune for 98's since the tuning in a 98 is way different than a 99+. Your best bet is probably going to be a custom tune.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:13 PM

Received 388 Likes on 297 Posts

Another option, perhaps too drastic for the customer, is to swap to a '99+ PCM.
There is another current thread on the subject:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...-pcm-swap.html

Don't let the OP's problems scare you as the OP has a heavily modified turbo charged engine.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a couple of interesting updates.

1. Spoke again with the Procharger rep and he's going to see if he can refund me the programmer. That's very cool.
2. Procharger rep suggested I just do a custom tune because they don't have a complete kit for 97-98 and a custom tune is the norm so I guess warranty is not an issue.
3. Found out that '97-98 C5s don't need a license (EFI Live). I was able o grab the tune out of the PCM, update it, and flash it back without a license.

Now, had I known all of this I probably wouldn't have bothered to fit up the MAF inside all those couplers. I just have to yank the WO2 out of my car and use it to tune the Vette.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The proper way to tune it would be with a 2 or 3 bar custom OS with a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor anyway. Something you would never get with a handheld tuner. I don't believe EFI Live offers COS for 98 PCMs. HP Tuners does have 2 bar COS OS for 98 Vettes.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
The proper way to tune it would be with a 2 or 3 bar custom OS with a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor anyway. Something you would never get with a handheld tuner. I don't believe EFI Live offers COS for 98 PCMs. HP Tuners does have 2 bar COS OS for 98 Vettes.
I agree and your correct. EFI doesnt have a COS for 98's.

Quick Reply: Handheld Programmer included with Procharger '98 Vette doesn't support '98 PCMs